𝟏𝟒 | 𝘀𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆

Start from the beginning

Kai climbs up two buckets that are tossed on each other to look out the window. Pretty unstable in my opinion, but okay.. The flying ship elevates before dashing forward. I notice a sparkle enlightening in the hothead's eyes.

He lifts his arms in the air, letting out a, ''Woo-hoo!'' He gets down from the buckets and continues. ''Take that, you stupid snake!'' He places his hands on his hips.

The serpent emerges from underneath the sand in front of the Bounty. His face drops as my brother chuckles nervously.

''Uh, I think it heard you.'' Jay adds, gesticulating with his hands. No, really? You think?

Nya swings the wheel, now the Bounty is directing on the right at a fast pace, which makes us lose some of our balance. I grip both of my hands on the edge of the counter near the cappuccino machine — helping me to regain my posture and stability.

''Nya, we gotta go faster! That thing is gaining on us!'' Kai yelps, looking over his shoulder.

''We're going as fast as we can! I'll try to make it to Scattered Canyon.'' Nya says in a hasty panicky tone.

''Probability of us making it that far is less than eight percent.'' Zane speaks up, giving us the statistics of our chance in survival.

''Never tell me the odds!'' Nya tells him.

''Thank you for the information, Zane! But next time, keep that to yourself, okay?'' I add, removing my hands from the flat surface.

''It's coming in for another attack! Port side!'' Cole informs while pressing some keys and watching a screen.

She swings the wheel on the other side, grunting. The ship tilts on the left side this time — which I place my hands back on the counter. Okay, I should get used to this kind of thing..

''We're losing speed! We'll drop to the ground pretty soon!'' Lloyd advises, showing the screen he's watching — where we can see some colored bars dropping.

''Throw everything overboard!'' Nya starts, her eyes not leaving the view in front.

''What?'' We all question as our voices are in perfect synchronisation.

''We need to lose some weight.'' She responds — making me quickly catch on what she meant.

''Port side!'' Lloyd screeches, turning his head to Nya.

Nya doesn't react in time and the snake bites off one of the boosters. Of course! Can never be easy. We all run to get some of the most random things we could find to throw them off the Bounty. I rest my hands on the safety fence, looking down at the things we flung off the ship that are now on the sand. The Great Devourer slithers as it opens its mouth, consuming the objects.

''Man, he sure is hungry.'' Jay comments, his voice being right next to me — making me jump ever so slightly.

He goes back inside the bridge as I continue to analyze the enormous snake that is chasing us. I frown while narrowing my eyes. Is it just me or does he look bigger?

''Okay, maybe it is because I am sick and slowly losing my mind, but does anyone else think the Devourer seems a lot bigger than before?'' I ask, catching the attention of the guys that are on the deck.

The snake chews on something and immediately after gets longer. It shakes its upper part of its body before growling.

''The more it consumes, the bigger it gets..'' Cole mumbles next to me. ''Don't throw anything else overboard!''

But unfortunately, by the time he says that, Kai already has thrown a teakettle off the Bounty. The flask goes straight into the mouth of the Great Devourer. What an ironic timing.