"Your scar below your cheek. Was that when you got it?"

"Correct. After that well this a recount from you Ma. I still remember but I was also out of it. The jackass was about to throw me into a fireplace. Her old man tries to get him stop as I was going to be leverage. Basically, your Ma was in a lot of stress at that point, in pain and felt like her new life was going to be taken. She didn't want you to be surrounded by these two men. But I was ready to sign it just for it all to stop. Until, well,"

"Well, what." Striker snapped a bit.

"Medea came in the room."

"What? The old troll was with yall?" He didn't know about this.

"The night before your mom had some bad contraction. So, on the safe we brought him over. Stayed over the night. Things calm down a bit. That's when that next morning your Ma got the call. Medea offered to come with us for her sake and would stay in the truck. Either we were taking too long, or we were able to hear the commotion inside. Next, we all knew he was inside and well he just started to talk. I still recalled he kept a smile on his face, hand behind his back and his eyes still stayed shut. Susie said he kept talking then asked what was going on. Susie's father tried to talk like nothing was happening. I think he remembers him as a doctor in my area. Try to get him to see stuff on his side, being such an 'old imp' got to understand traditions." Maria rubs her chin a bit. "He laughed."

"What?"

"He just laughed. Then talk about how he does respect certain traditions but is also open-minded. Along with how he never cared for such things as a marriage contract. Susie mention how your father started to get irritated, got threatening Medea to shut his mouth and even pick up by the collar of his neck." She stops being a bit silent. "Then he did something I didn't expect a medic to do. Even for one in hell."

"What he do?"

"Pull one of those tools that was in his front pock. Talk about it like he was explaining to a child. Then slammed it down into his eye."

Striker eyes widen at that. He stabbed his eye?

"Your ma at some point slams her foot on her Pa foot. She was let go, along with able to grab the gun. He tries to talk. Tell her she will have nothing. BE a failure like a mother just like her Ma. Anything to upset her. She told him to shut up before she shot his hand off. Then the snake tried to charge at us both. I took the gun, shot him with all the bullets. The only thing that was running in my head how I wasn't going to let this fucker touch her, along with you. Tt really got out of hand."

"How so?"

"For starters Susie father either had a breakdown or hated us all that much. He set the home on fire."

"He did what?!"

"Mhmm try to keep us all inside. It was a bit scary. Doc is trying to get us to all leave. Susie didn't immediately go to her father's desk. He tried to stop her. I threw the weapon at him to his head. She was taking this box that she knew she had. Money, along with important documents. I had to drag her out to get out of the place with Medea close on hand. I was about to run in to pull that bastered out. But the fire spread too far. I was pulled back by both of them. Help did arrive but at that point it was all gone. Burnt to the ground." Maria looked at Striker across the table. "Then two weeks later you were born. Try to nip your Ma when she cradles you. She looks so proud, happy and was going to make sure you had the life you deserved."

The spiral eye imp head was still down for a very long time.

"I wish they were alive."

"Striker. It wouldn't- "