Chapter 34: Pink

"Sasuke lost?"

       'I can't believe it.'

A few hours earlier

         "So, rules!" Might Guy's voice echoed clearly across the clearing. His big green never fading with his hands on his hips. "The team that gets the other team's flag wins. The winning team gets to eat the cake."

          It was a simple idea that Guy himself didn't think about until Areayis told him. The color of the cakes inside should reveal the baby's gender and so his team were tasked with the cake.

        "Hey, Areayis.. what's the cake called again?" Lee whispered curiously, it was not a flavour he'd heard of before. "Red velvet, it's really pretty isn't it?" Areayis asked, proud of her handiwork, she probably was the only person present to actually know the surprise.

        "And well, no other rules just don't hurt anyone seriously. Let the games begin!"

        Guy enthusiastically yelled, tying a red headband around his head and jumping of to Nhira's side. "I think Guy-sensei planned this whole thing just for the mock battle." "Well, you know him. It's probably not that far off."

         "Hey," Nhira's clear voice caught their attention. "Would you mind if I took care of Kakashi?" The grin on her face said it all, he probably planned to as well and although Guy looked like a deflated balloon, no one objected.

        And off to the forest they were.

          Green leaves rustled as birds chirped and flew as they were disturbed. Nhira's giggling bounced off the trees and he couldn't stop the smile on his face simply by watching the glee on hers.

          "I'm pretty sure they know what we're doing." Kakashi mused as he helped her up, holding her shaky shoulders as she tried to stop giggling. "So?" She said in between fits of giggles, for what reason he had no idea.

         "Let them have fun. We'll have fun too."

        She snatched the forehead protector off of his head and pushed him, back against the tree. With a devious smile, she asked, "Do you think they'll get this far? Someone could catch us you know?"

         And in a swift motion, he pushed her and switched their places, trapping her. The scent of pine bark and the crunching of dried leaves underneath their feet.

        "Hmm, do you wanna get caught Nhira?"

        "Maybe~"

        And what happened in the woods, stayed in the woods.

        Meanwhile, "Neji."

         "What? Wait, why are we sitting around here anyway?"

        Areayis shrugged, she tugged at the tip of the red flag they were guarding. With all the adults put to play, the children were left to babysit the flags.

        "Hey," he called out again and although both would prefer the silence, it was too quiet. Without Lee always causing a ruckus, the air around them felt empty.