Chapter 55

Previously on Chapter 54

They're both right about that. Onii-Chan would most likely going to blame himself if I got hurt for his sake. I guess that means I have no choice but to wait until tomorrow. Onii-Chan...

Please be okay

-Wake Up, Onii-Chan-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been 3 months, but Onii-Chan still hasn't shown any signs of waking up. I want to heal him, but Muichiro or Nee-San were always there to prevent me. They didn't want me to ended up collapsing again. Even though I've assured them that I'm going to be fine. They still refuse to take the risk.

I make sure they didn't show up as I stand near the bed Onii-Chan is laying on. It's just me today without Nee-Chan or Muichiro. Maybe now is the chance for me to try and heal Onii-Chan. I don't really care about my health, as long as he's all right.

"You'll be okay, Onii-Chan. I'll heal you..." I said, in a soft voice. I take a deep breath as I close my eyes. I open my eyes, focusing on Onii-Chan. I feel my eyes slowly changing color.

Onii-Chan's body slowly gets engulfed in soft blue light, just like my current eye color

Onii-Chan's body slowly gets engulfed in soft blue light, just like my current eye color. I focus on the most fatal wounds on his body first before focusing on the minor ones. I bit my lips as I start to feel exhausted. But I force myself to keep going because I want Onii-Chan to get better.

His face starts to look better as the color returns to his skin. I smile softly as I finally stops using my healing ability. I close my eyes as I feel exhausted. I fall on my hands and knees as I breathe heavily.

The door to the room slowly opens. "Y/N!" I heard the person yelled out. I feel my body getting pulled into an embrace. My head leaning against a chest. I look up just slightly to see a pair of turquoise eyes that are filled with worry.

"Mui..." I said, smiling weakly at him. He turn his head to look at Onii-Chan, quickly taking notice of that he's in a much better state. A frown appears on his face as he turn to look at me again.

"Did you use it?" He asked. I just nod my head, without saying anything. He let out a sigh. "You're not in a good state either, Y/N. Why are you so reckless?" He asked. I smile apologetically at him. I slowly move out of his arms and scoots closer to Onii-Chan.

"I just want him to get better..." I said. I gently hold his hand, placing my cheek on his knuckles. I turn to look at Mui who moves next to me. "Healing him is the only way I could think of. I'm sorry for making you worried about me, Mui... but I'm fine. Just a little tired" I said. He let out a sigh and places a hand on the side of my head. He pulls me closer so my head is resting on his shoulder. 

"Please don't be so reckless, Y/N. I just don't want you to end up dying on me again..." he said. I just nod my head. I know even though I said I won't... there'd be a situation where I would risk my life again. But for now, I will say I will fulfill his wish because I don't want him to constantly worry about me.

"I'm tired..." I mumbled, burying my face into the crook of his neck. I feel Muichiro's arm slowly slipping behind my knees, while the other arm is on my back. He slowly stands up with me in his arms.

"Just sleep... I'll take you to your room" he said, in a soft voice. I close my eyes, placing my head deeper into the crook of his neck. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head as I slowly drift off to sleep. 

Muichiro P.O.V

I carry Y/N to her hospital room, so she can get some rest. I really shouldn't have left her alone. What if she collapse again after using too much of her healing ability.

I could still remember the fear I felt when Y/N collapse when she was trying to cure Oyakata-Sama. The way she lost her pulse for a moment. I thought she was going to die, and I was so scared that would happen.

I push the door open with my foot, trying to make sure that I stay balance since the last thing I want is to fall over and risk hurting my girlfriend. I turn my head to look at Y/N who has fallen sound asleep in my arms. A soft smile starts to form on my lips at the sight of her peaceful face.

I walk towards the bed and gently lay her down. I pull the blanket to let it rest just below her chin. I take a seat on the edge of the bed as I caress her head. I lean down and places a soft kiss on her forehead.

I move to sit straighter as I stare at Y/N who's in a deep sleep. "Please take care of yourself, Y/N... please don't get sick" I said, in a hushed voice since I don't want to wake her up as she need plenty of rest. I smile softly as I stare at her. I love her so much and I can't imagine what my life would be like without her by my side.

I move to sit by the bed on the ground while still holding her hand. I lower my head, placing my head on the bed with my cheek on the back of her hand. I close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.

***

Y/N P.O.V

I wake up from someone gently shaking me awake. I open my eyes and turn my head slightly to see Onee-San. "N... Nezuko-Nee?" I said. She just nods her head. I take a look around, noticing I'm back in my hospital room.

Y/N... Nee-San said, in my head. I turn my head to look at her to let her know she have my attention. Onii-Chan has woken up... she said. My eyes widened at what she said. I quickly move to sit up.

"Really??" I said. She nods her head. I can see the look of relief reflecting in her eyes. I move to stand up. "I want to go and see him" I said. She stands up as well and the two of us makes our way towards Onii-Chan's room.

I push the door open to see Onii-Chan sitting on the bed. Everyone is surrounding him as he looks a lot better. He turn his head to look at me and smiles softly. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks as I speed walk towards him. I sit on the edge of the bed and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Onii-Chan..." I cried out. He gently run his hand through my hair. "I'm so glad you're okay.. you really scared me.." I said.

"It's all thanks to you, Y/N..." he said. I tighten my arms around him, burying my face into the crook of his neck as I start to cry softly. "I'm thankful for what you did for me, sis. But... try not to use it too much, because I don't want you to end up hurting yourself" he said.

I pull away from the hug to look at him. He smiles at me and gently places a hand on my head. "Promise me you won't force yourself and overuse your healing power" he said. I frown at what he said. If I do promise him that, it means that I won't be able to heal Onii-Chan again if he ever get hurt.

"Promise me..." he said, snapping me out of my daze. I blink my eyes and turn to look at him. He lift his pinky finger. "I don't want to see you hurting again, Y/N. So please promise me you won't push yourself too far" he said. I let out a sigh and slowly entwine my pinky with his. But I cross my finger behind my back, as a sign that I won't keep my promise if he's on verge of death.

I'm so sorry, Onii-Chan... if it's a matter of life and death, I'd have to break this promise. You and Nee-San are the only family members I have left in this world. Sure, I have Muichiro and the others. But, it's not the same without you both.

I don't want to lose either of you. So I'll do whatever it takes to keep you both alive. Even if I have to sacrifice my own health. As long as it will save your lives, then I'd gladly do it... millions times over.

*to be continued*