Chapter 37

Previously on Chapter 36

I feel exhausted. I place my head on the bed, while still holding Y/N's hand. I close my eyes as I let myself drift off to sleep, while tears still streams down my cheeks in desperation for Y/N to open her eyes and assured me that she's alright. I need her to be alright. Don't leave me, Y/N.

-Battle On Mugen Train-

Tanjiro P.O.V

I gasp awake after having a dream about my family. I wipe the tears from my eyes and turn around to look at Nezuko. "I smelt blood. Are you okay??" I asked. She covers her forehead at what I said. She have a frown on her face. She must have been worried about me. I'm so glad that I'm able to wake up.

I rush to Zenitsu and Inosuke, trying to wake them up. But neither of them seem to be responding. I hear a hum next to me. I turn my head to see Nezuko. I smile softly at her and lift my hand.

"There there

"There there... sorry, okay? You did a great job, Nezuko" I said, in a soft voice. She closes her eyes as she seem to appreciate my little gesture. I turn my head to look at my friends. 'It's no good. These two won't wake up. What can I do?' I thought to myself.

I jump out of the way when a someone tries to attack me. My eyes widened when I realize it's a girl. "What are you doing?!" I exclaimed. She glares angrily at me.

"Get out of our way! Thanks to you guys, we won't be able to have dreams!" She said. The other kids seems to wake up as well. They stare at me with so much anger in their eyes. What is up with these kids?

"What do you think you're doing? If you're awake, you'd better help us out!" She said, staring angrily at the boy. I soon realize he's the one who's connected to me in my dream. "You may have tuberculosis or whatever, but if you don't do your job, I'm going to tell him, and then he won't show you any dreams, you hear me?!" She said. So he's sick? Poor boy.

I don't have time for this. I need to go and kill that demon before something bad happen to these passengers. "Sorry, I have to go fight" I said. I quickly chop their neck so they would lose consciousness. I can't have them stand in my way, and I'd rather have them not get involved as it is going to be very dangerous.

"You want to stay inside a happy dream, don't you? I know" I said, staring at each one of them with a sad gaze. "I wanted to stay inside my dream, too" I said. My eyes saddened as I remember my dreams. Everyone in my family are still alive. Nezuko and Y/N are both living a happy life just like any other twins. I bit my lips as I look down. "If only this was the dream..." I mumbled. Nezuko runs towards me and gives me a hug. I wrap my arms around her. I turn to look at the boy.

"Are you alright?" I asked. He turn to look at me. He looks so weak and frail. His sickness must be hurting him so much. The sight of him makes me remember Y/N. Y/N... I hope you're doing alright, sis.

"Thank you... be careful" he said. I just give him a small smile. I turn my head to look at Nezuko as she stares up at me with her innocent eyes. I will do everything I can to turn her back into a human. But first, I need to defeat the demon behind this chaos.

I can smell a strong scent of demon and it's coming from outside. I grab onto the railing of the train's door. I flip my body up and landed on the train's roof. I look down to see Nezuko looking up at me.

"Nezuko, don't come here! Stay away from me and wait! Go wake everyone up!" I said. I turn around and run up to the front side of the train. I notice a figure standing not far from where I am as I gradually gets closer.

"What? You're awake? Good morning!" He said, in a gleeful tone. But the tone in his voice brought shivers down my spine. "You could've stayed asleep, though" he added. It's him! I will make him pay for toying around with my feelings and family.

"Don't you dare intrude my soul! I won't let you... get away with this!" I yelled angrily at him. I pull out my sword as I prepare myself to attack this demon. "Water breathing - Tenth Form: Constant Flux!" I said.

"Demon Blood Art: Whispers of Forced Unconscious Hypnosis" he said, lifting his hand. The next thing I know is I've fallen on my knees. I caught a glimpse of my dream in the mountain again before I do the same to wake myself up. I rush forward to attack the demon but he keeps getting me and out of sleep.

Dream

I open my eyes to see my family. I hear a cry and turn my head to see Rokuta. "Why didn't you save us??" He cried out. Takeo pushes me as he starts yelling. Everyone starts to blame me for leaving them behind.

"I told you we should just head back to the mountain! But you didn't listen to me!" Y/N yelled angrily at me. Tears are falling from her eyes. I shake my head and cut my neck again.

End of Dream

"There's no way they'd ever say that! Not ever! Not my family!" I yelled at the demon. I clench my hands around the hilt of my sword. "Don't you dare... insult... my family!!" I yelled angrily.

I rush towards him and successfully beheaded him. But this can't be it. This is too easy. "I can totally see why... he ordered me to kill you, the boy with the earrings..." he said. I turn my head to see him. But his neck is a mash of flesh, which makes me cringe in disgust. "Along with the Hashira! He also asked me to bring back the girl with h/l h/c hair. But seems like she's not here. Oh well, I'm just going to focus on killing you and that damn Hashira. Your very existence is, like... It couldn't be more irritating, you know!" He said, glaring angrily at me.

My eyes widened when he told me how he's alive. This whole train have turned into his body. The people inside it are all in danger. I clench my hands tightly around the hilt as I feel frustrated. If only I didn't fall asleep. I could've prevented this. Why am I so weak?!

'What should I do? What should I do?! The most I can protect on my own is two cars! Any more than that, and I can't guarantee their safety!' I thought to myself. I let out a frustrated groan. "Rengoku-San! Zenitsu! Inosuke! This is no time to be sleeping! Wake up, will you?! Please!" I yelled out.

I need to return to the passengers so I can protect them. "Nezuko! Protect the sleeping passengers!!" I yelled out. I hear a loud sound and turn my head. The roof of the train burst open as Inosuke jumps out.

"Follow me, damn minions! All right! Explosive awakening! Comin' through! Lord Inosuke is comin' through! Beast Breathing, Fifth Fang! Crazy Cutting! Lord Inosuke Hashibira is comin' through!" He said. I let out a sigh of relief. Now that Inosuke is awake, the others would surely wake up soon. We have to protect everyone. Whatever it'll take.

*to be continued*