Chapter 1

Previously on Prologue

"Mom!! Hanako... Shigeru... Takeo" I said. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks at the state our family's in. I feel my body shaking, not wanting to believe what had happened.

What happened to them?

-No Longer Human-

Y/N P.O.V

I try my hardest to keep running. I turn my head to look at my brother who's slowing down as he carries Nezuko-Nee on his back. I stop and grab his hand, trying to pull him along with me.

"We have to keep going, Onii-Chan! We have to save Nee-San" I yelled. My chest feels hurt because of how icy the air feels. It's hard to breathe. But we have to keep on running. We have to save Nezuko-Nee.

"Your sister is right, Nezuko! Don't you die on us! We're going to save you!" He said. I keep pulling onto his arm, while he try his best to keep Nezuko-Nee balance on his back. We can't stop running. It's still a long way before we can reach the village. If we stop, it might be too late for Nezuko-Nee to get her treatment. I don't want to lose my twin sister.

Onii-Chan suddenly lose his balance, causing him to fall from the hill. Since I'm holding onto his arm, he pulled me along. I fall on my front while Onii-Chan falls on his back. Thank God there's snow, or we would've been dead because of the fall.

"Wait... where's Nezuko-Nee?" I said, looking around. I spot her standing not far from us. "Nee-San! What are you doing standing up! If you're in too much pain. Onii-Chan can carry you" I said. She slowly looks up to reveal her face. I let out a shaky gasp as I scan her feature. She have grown fangs, and her irises have turned into slits. "Nee-San... y-y-you" I stuttered out. She suddenly jumps on me.

"Nezuko! What are you doing?! That's your twin sister!" Onii-Chan yelled out. He rushes over to try and pulls her off me. "Nezuko! Snap out of it!" He said again.

"Onii-Chan! Nezuko-Nee turned into a demon!" I said. Thankfully, I have an axe. I use it to stop Nee-San from trying to take a bite of me. I turn to look at her. "Nee-San! Please!! You can control yourself. I know you can!!" I yelled out. My tears starts falling from my eyes as I stare at her.

'Who did this to you... to our family? It must have been very painful, right, Nee-San? You must have suffered right? I'm sorry for leaving all of you behind... I'm so sorry' I thought to myself as I start to cry.

Onii-Chan tries to pull her off me. But her body seems to get bigger making it hard for the two of us. "Don't give in, Nee-San!! Fight it!! I know you're still the same as before, Nezuko-Nee. I know that you won't hurt your own twin. Please!! Take control of yourself, Nee-San!" I yelled out. She stops for a moment as she just stares at me.

I feel something drip on my face. I blink my eyes as I'm aware that they weren't my tears. I focus on Nee-San's face to realize it's her tears as she stares at me with obvious pain in her eyes.

 I focus on Nee-San's face to realize it's her tears as she stares at me with obvious pain in her eyes

"Nee-San..." I said. Onii-Chan suddenly grabs the both of us. We start to roll on the ground, and stops when his back bumps into a tree. He keeps holding both of us. His eyes are focused on a certain direction. I follow his gaze to see a guy with mismatched haori.

"Why are you protecting that thing..." he said. His voice sounded cold and void of emotions. Who is this guy? And what's with the sword?

"She's our sister..." Onii-Chan said. I can see the look of disgust in his eyes. He seem to feel a strong hatred. But Nee-San hadn't done anything wrong even though she have turned into a demon.

"You call that THING your sister?" He said. I grab onto Nee-San's shoulders as she try to run off. Onii-Chan stands in front of us to protect us from the unknown guy. Just who is he?? Why did he want to kill Nee-San?

I try to shield Nee-San when the guy rushes towards us. I shut my eyes tightly. But nothing seem to happen. I open my eyes and realize Nee-San is gone. I look around and turn to look at the guy. He's holding Nee-San with one hand, while the other one is holding his sword.

"Nee-San is different! She hasn't hurt anyone!!" I said. I feel tears streams down my cheeks. I'm aware what would happen if I just do nothing. He's going to kill my twin. I don't want to lose another member of my family. "Please... don't kill my sister. We'll find a way to cure her!!" I pleaded.

"It's useless... those who have turned into a demon, can never go back" he said. Onii-Chan steps forward. But he lift his hand that's holding a sword closer to Nezuko-Nee, making him froze.

"We'll find a way!" I yelled out. Flashes of image of the rest of our family comes into mind. I feel my knees going numb as I fall on them. "Please... don't take anyone else from us" I cried out.

"Don't kill her! Please" Onii-Chan said, also begging as we lower our bodies to the ground. I cry harder as I keep kneeling to beg the guy to not hurt my twin. "Don't kill my little sister" he pleaded.

"Don't make me laugh! If begging is effective... your family wouldn't have been killed! Rise up and fight!" He yelled out. I lift my head and stare at him. I quickly grab two rocks as Onii-Chan grabs the axe. We run around the forest. I throw two rocks and rushes towards him. Onii-Chan rushes towards him with his hands behind him.

"Charging up front, driven only by emotions. You're both fools!" He said. He smacks my back, making me fall on the ground. My vision blurred as my surrounding slowly becomes dark.

Dream

Y/N... I'm so sorry for leaving you behind, Y/N... a gentle voice said. I slowly open my eyes to see it's mom. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks at the sight of her. She smiles warmly at me. You're a strong and smart girl. I'm sure you and your brother will do wonder... take care of each other, okay? She said.

End of Dream

I gasp awake as I stare forward. Nezuko-Nee is laying unconscious between Onii-Chan and I. She have a bamboo muzzle on her mouth. "N-Nee-San..." I said. Onii-Chan also awake, with tears in his eyes.

"You're both awake, huh?" Someone said. I quickly sit up and scoops my sister body, hugging her close. "Just go to Mt. Sagiri and look for a man named Urokodaki Sakonji. Tell him that Tomioka Giyuu sent you both. That girl seem to be alright because of the clouds. But never let her get expose to sunlight" he said. I blink my eyes as he suddenly disappears.

I try to calm my breathing as I turn to look at Nezuko-Nee. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks, realizing she's still breathing. "You're still alive, Nee-San. Thank God" I said, placing my forehead on hers while hugging her tightly. But she no longer human. She have turned into a demon.

*to be continued*