Chapter 41

Previously on Chapter 40

"And I'm yours..." I said. He nods his head. He smiles happily as he pulls me closer. I lean my head against his chest. I can hear how fast his heart is beating. A sign of his happiness. Did I truly make him happy? If that's how it is, I'm happy too! I'm so happy and proud to be able to say that Muichiro is now my boyfriend.

-Announced-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm just sitting on the hospital bed. My body still feels a weak after using that technique to revive Rengoku-San. Even until right now, I'm not sure how I'm able to use that to revive him.

I hear the door to my hospital room opens. I turn my head to see Onii-Chan, Née-San, Zenitsu and Inosuke. I smile at the sight of them. Nee-San quickly rushes towards me, in her small form which makes her looks like a little kid. She's honestly so cute right now.

She climbs on the bed and wrap her arms around me. I smile softly as I wrap my arms around her in return. I'm so glad you're alright, sis... you really scared me when you fell into a coma she said in my head. I can feel the sadness in her voice. Even though she didn't say it out loud. I can still feel her emotions. She pulls away slightly to look at me. Are you really okay? She asked.

"Yeah... I'm alright, Nee-San" I said, nodding my head slightly. She pulls away and closes her eyes, seemingly smiling at me. I smile softly at her and gently pat her head. She close her eyes while letting out a soft hum in appreciation, making me giggle softly at her cute reaction. It really made me feel like I'm the older one.

"You two... seeing you both makes me believe that you can communicate with each other through your minds" I hear Onii-Chan said. I turn my head to look at him. He blinks his eyes as his eyes widens a little. "W-Wait... y-you can??" He said. I just smile and nod my head at his question. He turn to look at Nee-San and turn to look at me again. "What is she thinking now?" He asked. I turn my head to look at Nee-San.

Tell him that he should stop apologizing... he keeps on apologizing because of what happened to me... she said. I blink my eyes at what she said and turn to look at Onii-Chan who stares at me expectantly.

"She wants you to stop apologizing for what happened to her..." I said. His eyes widens a little and turn to look at Nee-San. She hums softly, nodding her head. He let out a gasps of shock as he realize I really can talk with Nee-San through our thoughts.

His eyes starts to tear up. He wraps his arms around the two of us as he starts to cry. I blink my eyes and turn to look at Nee-San who just closes her eyes, hugging him back. I just smile softly and return Onii-Chan's embrace.

The door to the hospital room slowly opens. I turn my head to look at the person to see it's Muichiro. He smiles softly at me as Onii-Chan pulls away from the hug. He turn to look at him, blinking his eyes in surprise at the sudden visit of the Mist Hashira.

"Tokito-Kun... you're here early" he said. Muichiro just walks towards us until he stands in front of the bed. He turn to look at Onii-Chan, who seem to wonder why he's here quite early.

"I'm here to visit my girlfriend, Y/N. Is that wrong, Tanjiro?" He said. My eyes widen at his blunt reply to the question. Onii-Chan's eyes widen as he stares at both me and Muichiro in shock.

"G-Girlfriend? You... him?? Since when??" He said as he points at both Muichiro and I. I let out a nervous chuckle as Zenitsu just stands where he is while gaping ay the two of us. "How long??" He asked again.

"Since yesterday..." Muichiro replied. I just let out a soft nervous laugh as Onii-Chan keeps staring at the two of us in disbelief. Muichiro turn to look at me and smiles softly. "So, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm doing fine... just still tired" I said. He hums softly and nod his head. He leans down, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. His action makes my cheeks grow warmer. Not only because of the kiss, but the fact that he did it in front of my older siblings and friends.

"You don't mind if I date your sister, right?" He asked as he turn to look at Onii-Chan once again. Onii-Chan stares at the two of us before turning his focus on Muichiro. He stays silent for a few seconds before letting out a soft sigh while closing his eyes.

"Well, I mean... who am I to tell Y/N what to do? She have the right to chase her own happiness..." he said. He opens his eyes and gives Muichiro a stern gaze. "All I can ask right now is that you'd never hurt her" he said.

Muichiro gives him a small smile. "I wouldn't even begin to imagined it..." he said. Onii-Chan just nods his head at what he said. He lift his hand and gently pat Muichiro's back.

"Then you'll have my blessing..." he said. I just smile at what he said. Muichiro smiles as he turn to look at me. "I hope you both find happiness in each other..." he said.

"Wahhh!!!" Zenitsu suddenly screams making the rest of us flinched at his sudden noise. I turn to look at him, to see tears in his eyes. "This is so not fair! How come he gets to date you! Someone younger than me!!! Not fair! Not fair! Not fair!!!" He yelled. Inosuke huffed and grab the back of his neck, pulling him out with him. I let out a nervous laugh.

A soft knock on the door not long after Zenitsu and Inosuke left. "Come in..." I said. The door opens to reveal the Flame Hashira. My eyes lit up at the sight of him. "Rengoku-San!" I said.

"I see you're doing alright" he said, with his usual loud and cheery voice. I just smile at what he said. "I haven't got a chance to thank you for saving my life" he said.

"A-Ah... you don't need to thank me" I said. He wave his hand, dismissing what I said. He claims it is necessary for him to thank me. I feel myself growing flustered from his comments about how strong and selfless I am.

"I just remember something, Young Kamado" he said. I furrowed my eyebrow, wondering which Kamado he's talking about. But as he focus his attention to Onii-Chan, let me know that he's referring to Onii-Chan. "When we were under the demon's spell. I remember there's a book in that my father used to read. If you want, you can come with me and I'll lend it to you" he said.

"That would be great, Rengoku-San. Thank you!" Onii-Chan said. Rengoku-San let's out a laugh as he excuse himself. He turn around and walks out of the room. I turn to look at Onii-Chan. He turn to look at me and explain how he asked Rengoku-San's help, so he can have a better understanding of the technique Hinokami Kagura. I just nod my head at his explanation.

"Alright... I have to return to training. Rest well, sis..." Onii-Chan said, as he gently pat my head. I smile softly at him and nod my head. He returns my smile and turn to look at Muichiro, bowing slightly. "I'll leave her to you, Tokito-Kun. Please take care of her" he said.

"Of course..." Muichiro said. Onii-Chan gently grabs Nee-San's hand, gently pulling her with him as she wave at me. Her eyes looks sad because she have to leave. I just wave at the two of them, mainly focusing on Nee-San to make her feel better while assuring her that she can visit me anytime. 

Muichiro turn to face me. He take a seat on the bed next to me, leaning his back against the headboard. I scoot closer to him, allowing him to wrap his arm around my shoulder as he pulls me closer to his side. I place my head on his shoulder, smiling softly to myself when I feel a soft pressure on the side of my head.

"I love you..." he said. I tilt my head slightly to look at him and smiles. He leans down and places a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes, gently kissing him back.

"I love you too..." I said, as we pull away to breathe. He smiles brightly as he leans his forehead against mine. He lift his hand gently caressing my cheek. I just lean more to his touch.

He pulls me closer to him. I just place my head on his shoulder once again. He lift his hand, gently running it through my hair and occasionally massage my scalp, making me feel even more relax. I truly feel safe to be in his arms.

I slowly close my eyes, humming softly in appreciation at his affectionate gestures. I can feel the love he have for me from these small gestures he's giving me. It makes my heart swell with happiness. God... I really love this guy.

*to be continued*