Chapter 7

Previously on Chapter 6

Urokodaki-San hums at what I said. He nods his head. "You're very smart indeed... let's all hope it would work on the demons, Y/N..." he said. I smile softly and nod my head. I turn to look at the device in my hand. Let's hope it works.

-The Final Selection-

Y/N P.O.V

It's currently night time. I sit behind Onii-Chan because he wants to cut his hair. So I'll be helping him cutting his hair shorter. I just stay silent as Onii-Chan have a simple talk with Urokodaki-San, focusing on making sure I'm cutting my brother's hair properly.

Once we're done. We decided to check on Nezuko-Nee. I kneel down next to her while Onii-Chan kneels down across from me. He leans down and places a hand on her forehead.

"I'm scared... Onii-Chan" I said. He turn his head to look at me. I lower my head and stare at my hands which are on my lap. I feel tears slowly filling my eyes. "I'm scared that we'd wake up and find her gone. I don't want to lose, Nee-San" I said. I cover my face with my hands as I start to cry.

I hear shuffling and feel myself getting pulled into an embrace. I remove my hands from my face, wrapping my arms around his torso instead. I bury my face into the crook of his neck as I start to cry.

"Nezuko will be alright, Y/N... I'm sure of it" he said. I just tighten my arms around him. I close my eyes, trying my best to calm down. I have to have faith. I have to believe that Nee-San will be alright. She will wake up and we'll be together again. 

***

Urokodaki-San gave us each a haori similar to the one he was wearing. It fits perfectly to our bodies. Aside from that, he also gave us each a mask. He said he have casted a spell, a warding spell to protect us from danger.

I pack my weapon and place the UV flash bomb inside a small bag

I pack my weapon and place the UV flash bomb inside a small bag. Due to the limitation of the materials, I've only able to make 10 of them. Hopefully, it would be enough for us to survive the Final Selection. I guess I will only be using them against a strong demon.

"Wish us luck, Urokodaki-San!" I said, as we stand on top of a hill. I lift my hand and wave at him. I turn to look at Onii-Chan, who smiles at me.

"Let's go, Y/N..." he said. I nod my hand and grabs his hand. We start making our way towards where the Final Selection would be.

***

We have reached the destination. "Wow... wisterias" I said, staring in awe at all the beautiful flowers. It's truly breathtaking. I've never seen wisteria before. But from what I've read on the book, it wasn't suppose to be the season for them to bloom. Yet every wisterias here are blooming.

By the time we joined the rest of the contestant, I realize how many people are participating here. I look down at my feet, lifting my hand to place it against my chest where my heart should be. I can feel it thumping hard against my ribs. I'm feeling so nervous right now. What if something happened and I won't be able to make it out alive.

"Hey..." I heard Onii-Chan said. I turn my head to look at him. He lift his hand and place it on top of my head. "You don't have to feel worry or nervous. Onii-Chan is there to protect you from harm, alright?" He said. I nod my head and gives him a close eye-smile. He gently ruffle my hair before removing his hand from my head.

I turn my head to look forward and notices two girls. They seem to be twins. But they look different from one another. They start to explain what we'll be doing and how we have to spend 7 days in the forest. We have to try our best to survive. If we succeed the Final Selection, we will be accepted as a member of the Demon Slayer corps.

Onii-Chan gently grasp my hand as we start to walk passed the gate and into the forest. Demons are active at night. So, we'd have to try our best to stay awake during the night. We can rest when the sun comes up.

We hide behind a tree and lean our backs against it. I look up at the sky. The night is still young. The sun isn't going to come up anytime soon. So we have to keep moving.

I can feel something coming towards us and Onii-Chan seem to be sensing it as well. I place my hand on the hilt of my sword. I look around, but I can't seem to locate where the demon is going to attack from.

"Above!" I said, looking up. I jump out of the way just in time as a demon strikes us. I pull out my sword and stand back to back with Onii-Chan as another demon appears. I bit my lips as I try to calm my nerve. I mustn't be scared. I have to survive the Final Selection and become a strong Demon Slayer. I have to find a cure so Nezuko-Nee-San can become a human again.

This demon doesn't seem so strong, so I'm not going to use my UV flash-bomb yet. "Water breathing technique: First Form - Water Surface Slash!" I said. I swing my sword, successfully cutting off the demon's neck. I turn to look at Onii-Chan to see him also succeed in decapitating the demon's head.

We continue to run through the night. The only source of light we have is the moonlight. But thankfully, we've both gotten used to the lack of illumination due to the training we receive from Urokodaki-San. But this is only the first night. We still have 6 more to go. God, please protect us and help us pass this Final Selection. All I want is to cure my twin sister. Please, God... guide us.

*to be continued*