Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

"Thank you for the offer, Lady Tamayo... but the three of us will never part ways..." I said. Onii-Chan nods his head, agreeing with me. She smiles softly at us, as she understand what we want.

-A Strong Enemy-

Y/N P.O.V

I look up as Onii-Chan's crow starts flying around in the air. "Your next location will be South-Southeast!" He said. He starts explaining that there's what believed to be a haunted house, but seems like there's a demon lurking in there.

Onii-Chan turn to look at me. "We really can't get any rest, huh?" He said, sighing softly. I let out a nervous laugh at what he said. I look down at my own body to see there are no wounds. My wounds have healed once again.

"We best get going now, don't you think... Onii-Chan?" I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. We turn around to the direction of South-Southeast, but my crow suddenly appears in front of me. I jump back in fright at her sudden appearance.

"Not so fast! You have a different destination!" She said. I frown at what she said. I turn my head to look at Onii-Chan to see him with a similar reaction. "There's been cases of missing children... you are to find the source and eliminate it!" She said.

"You mean me and my older siblings have to part ways?" I said, frowning. I jump when she starts yelling at me. I cover my ears at how loud she's being. "Okay! Okay!! I heard you! Cut it out!" I said. She lands on my shoulder, finally calming down. I let out a sigh and turn to look at Onii-Chan.

"You're going on this mission alone? How about you take Nezuko with you?" He said. I shake my head and smiles at him. I place my hands on his shoulder as he stares at me with a worried gaze.

"Nezuko-Nee would be better with you, Onii-Chan. You don't have to worry about me. My wounds healed faster than yours. I'm gonna be fine" I said. He let out a sigh and pulls me into a hug.

"It's not about your wounds that I'm worried about, Y/N. It's the fact that Kibutsuji is after you" he said. My eyes soften at what he said. I wrap my arms around his neck comfortingly.

I pull away and smiles softly at him. "I promise I will be careful, Onii-Chan. We'll meet again soon, okay?" I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. He lift his hand and place it on my head, gently ruffling my hair. I smile softly at him and turn around, going to a different direction than he is.

***

After hours of walking, I ended up in a small village. I look around as I observe everyone's face. I can feel the sad atmosphere lingering around the area. I even spotted a few couples clutching onto a baby blanket. I clench my hands into tight fists. I won't let this demon get away. I will make that demon pay for their actions.

I stop walking momentarily and turn my head to look at the sky. The sun is setting, letting me know that its almost nighttime. I should find a place to rest, maybe get some food to replenish my energy after the long walk to this place.

I found myself in a small shop that sells my favorite food, so that's where I'm in. I take a seat on the stool and order some f/f. I place my chin on the palm of my hand. My mind drifted off to my older brother and twin sister. I sure hope they'll be alright wherever they are. I just want to complete this mission as soon as possible so I can rejoin them again.

My order finally arrive. I give it a gentle blow before stuffing it inside my mouth. I hum softly at the flavor. It reminds me of mom. She'd always cooked this food for me. Every time I feel down, she would make this to cheer me up and it works every time.

"Mom..." I mumbled. I shake my head. I can't keep on dwelling on her death. She would want me to stay strong. So I have to be stronger. No, I WILL be stronger so I can avenge mom's and our younger siblings death.

From the corner of my eyes. I notice there's a boy who looks to be about my age. He have a long black hair with pale turquoise tips towards the end. Judging from his clothes, he's obviously a Demon Slayer too.

Although, judging from the way he sits and his demeanor, I can tell that he's in the higher rank than I am. Should I go over and say hello? But, I'm really bad at meeting new people. I wish I have my brother's confidence. He's brave and open about meeting new people.

I turn my head to look at the person again to see him not there anymore. Damn... I missed a chance of making new acquaintance. I was hoping that I'd be able to talk to him and maybe he'd be able to give me a tip or two about how to be a better Demon Slayer. Curse my closed nature.

I notice the sun have completely set. My eyes widened and quickly pay for the food. I make my way out of the shop and take a deep breath, while closing my eyes. I slowly open them a few seconds later as they slowly starts to change.

I feel a strange aura coming from a specific direction

I feel a strange aura coming from a specific direction. I quickly rush towards that place. I have to be there fast, and prevent the demon from launching an attack.

I hear a cry not far from me. I click my tongue and speed up. I jump high in the air and lands on the ground swiftly. I look forward to see a demon holding a child. I pull my sword out of its sheathe.

"Let that kid go, you bastard!!" I yelled. The demon who was about to eat the child stops and turns to look at me in annoyance. The demon looks like a child himself. I stare into his eyes to see Kanji being carved in them. I feel a slight fear creeping up in me when I realize I've come face to face with one of the Twelve Kizuki. To be more specific, this demon is a Lower Moon 3.

Twelve Kizuki served directly under Kibutsuji. They're closer in strength to Kibutsuji himself... Lady Tamayo's voice echoed in my head. Can I win against this demon? All on my own?

*to be continued*