"You did well, Evelyn."

"Thanks."

"We arrived without issue, be pleased with your efforts."

"Yeah, but what I'm doing is illegal. I've driven twice before this, and I am inexperienced. It's not just illegal. It's highly dangerous."

Anzide gestured to the world beyond the windscreen.

"Life is dangerous. You, however, are vastly different from anyone out there. What you learn in one moment will be retained, and it will thrive within you. Haven't you ever noticed how you just seem to soak in information?"

"No," I said softly.

"But you do, and that's my point. As an Eternal, this is how we learn about the world around us. We experience things, we focus, and we draw them in. This is what I've said to you in the past. I am learning about this world now that I am completely immersed in it. You are doing the same."

We looked at each other. Anzide must have figured it out because he smiled, leaned in, and kissed me softly. I might be able to do this easily, but that doesn't mean I won't freak out because of it. Being full of eagerness was not always a good thing.

When we entered the office, Jane frowned as she looked up at me. Her lips parted to say something, but then Harlwood walked into the office. It was like he knew that I was here, which was highly likely considering he was a demon.

"It's alright, Jane. Evie visits us now for social reasons, and I have no issues with her being here or venturing beyond the door without my prior knowledge."

"Of course," she said softly.

Harlwood moved to the door and opened it, offering a smug smile as he looked at me.

"I trust that you come bearing gifts."

"I do. Does that please you?"

"Absolutely."

Taking the pictures, Harlwood flicked through them as he ambled to his desk. His face was plain, offering no hint as to his thoughts or his mood. I was oddly curious, wondering what was going through his mind.

Sitting down, Anzide and I patiently waited. There weren't a lot of pictures to go through, but Harlwood was taking his time and studying each of them quite intensely. Taking a deep breath, he aligned them into a neat stack and then tucked them into the inner pocket of his jacket. Then he smiled at me.

It was a little unnerving, more so when he tilted back in his seat. I don't think he was trying to intimidate me, but that's how it came across.

"I agree with your selection, and it will be done. Do you have a time frame in which you would like the task completed?"

"As soon as you can manage."

"Of course. Any particular vampire first?"

I shook my head. Harlwood was still smiling at me.

"And finally, is there any request for the manner of their death?"

That was certainly a good question, and I wanted to consider it before answering. How horrible could I be? These vampires taunted Niko. They murdered him and stole him from me and this world. This was his land, and they had done all they could to take it from him.

"Nothing, but I request that you are absolutely positive that they are dead, and it meets with whatever is necessary for a vampire to die, and I'd like for you to know that these vampires taunted Niko before they murdered him. The blade they stabbed him with was soaked in holy water from the Vatican. Keep that in mind when you take their lives."