Take Care of the Counter Attack!

Start from the beginning

"Have you changed your minds, first—" Hyuga lifted his glasses, trying to act cool but the team already was getting back to defence.

"Nice!"

"All right, defence!"

Hyuga grew offended, "Hey!"

"Nice three Hyuga-san!" You shouted to encourage your upperclassman.

'At least one of the first-years is polite and responsible...' the captain of the Seirin basketball thought to himself.

"Number four is really going for it," Kobori stated, holding the ball.

Near him was Kasamatsu, "We should be worried about Kagami. He and Kuroko have started passing back and forth to each other."

"Kagami's just started passing the ball instead of just receiving it. Does that really change much?" Kobori asked his captain.

"It changed a whole lot, dumbass! Kuroko's passing and Kagami's one-on-one were two separate offensive patterns. They only had two options. Now that they pass to each other, they both have more options, making their offence stronger." Kasamatsu explained.

'And since Kise can't copy Kuroko, the linchpin of the play. It's his bane. Kagami and Kuroko. With those two, we can...' Riko thought before Kagami lost control of the ball and it went out of bounds.

'Well, we'll probably just barely make it.' She summarized, seeming hesitant but still hopeful.

"Kise, you're strong. I'm powerless, and Kagami can't stand against you. But when we work together...we have a fighting chance." Kuroko stated looking over to Kise.

"You really have changed, Kurokocchi. You and Sunshine. We never played basketball like this at Teiko, but you still can't stop me. I will be the winner!" Kise stated.

There's only 6 minutes and less than 20 seconds on the clock. Seirin was behind Kaijo with 34 - 39.

"Indeed, I can't copy your coordination...but since you'll lose your effectiveness after 40 minutes, you'll lose this game in the second half!" Kise said, catching the ball before going to get to the basket.

Kagami smirked at that, "Not so fast."

Now it was Kuroko who was marking Kise, "Kuroko's on Kise?" Kasamatsu and the others grew shocked and confused by this.

"I never dreamed we'd play together like this, Kurokocchi." Kise smiled.

"Neither did I," Kuroko replied.

"I don't know what you're up to...but you can't stop me, Kurokocchi!" Kise easily went past Kuroko but Kagami was now in front of him.

"Wrong. We're not gonna stop you." Kagami corrected Kise.

"We're taking the ball!" Riko smiled.

Kuroko took the ball from Kise by doing a back tip since he was behind him.

"It doesn't matter how amazingly you play against us. We're trying to let you through!" Kagami smirked.

"Nice shot, Izuki-san!" You and the benched players cheered.

'Not even Ryo-kun can react in time to someone as invisible as Tetsu-kun coming behind him. This attack will be the reason why we win against them.' You thought, seeing Kise having the ball again.

"I just won't run by you, then. No one said I couldn't shoot...a three-pointer!" Kise said, about to shoot a three but you smiled knowing what was to come.