The TRIFECTA Chap 78 Rivals till Glory

[Ancient forest]

Jamal: [Walking]

For about two hours Jamal continues the search of Artemis. Slowly but surely he knows that he getting close to her location. He tries to find anything out of the ordinary like tracks, broken branches, and any alternate pathways to find her.

Jamal: Hm? Hair? This belongs to her. Why would she just head out like that? Stupid girl. Hm?

While searching Jamal notice some more track but doesn't belong to Artemis.

Jamal: Joshua? No, there's two sets of tracks and it's not neither of them. Someone else went through here, but who?

Wasn't bother by it, he continues to search for Artemis using the tracks she left behind.

Jamal: [Walking] ........Hm. [Stop walking] {Feels like I'm being watched. This forest never been this quiet before} [Looking around] Not a bird in sight.

Jamal materialize his bow then close his eyes. At that moment he can hear a slight rustle in the bushes and he immediately aim at but right before he could fire the bow he was clothesline from behind and to the ground.

Spike: [Battle cry] Ahhhhhh!

Jamal: (Shocked) [Jumps up]

Jay: That was close. He was about to shoot me.

Spike: Hahaha! Long time no see Jamal. Are you impressed by my stealth capabilities?

Jamal: [Stare]

Spike: Still not the talkative type eh? Than again I did attack you. If you were that good you could have easily noticed me but you noticed the little brat.

Jay: Little brat?

Jamal: [Walk off]

Spike: (Angry) Excuse me! I'm talking to you! Why are you keep on walking?

Jamal: I don't have time for you. I have an important mission to complete.

Spike: Nothing important for you unless killing monster. That what we are born to do! So what type of monster are you looking for?

Jamal: .......

Spike: Hm? Still nothing? Well sadly I guess we both have a problem now.

Jamal: [Stare]

Spike: I'm challenging you to a fight! You not going to back down from this either. I'll make you fight.

Jay: He's from formal? Definitely doesn't act like it.

Spike: Action is the only language he speaks. Ain't that right Jamal?

Jamal: I'm warning you. If you interfere with my objective I will take you down. I don't care about anything but my own goals. Me, myself, and I.

Spike: Selfish I see. Heh, I'll show you not to threaten me with your lame words. Stay back Lay!

Jay: It's Jay dumbass! Wait, you really going to fight him? I mean the whole point of this ambush was to talk to him!

Spike: And I am. With the only language he can speaks remember?

Jay: [Sighs] If you get killed I'm not burying you.

Spike: Sounds fair.

Jamal: [Stare]

Spike: [Smile]

Jamal: [Fired arrows]

Jamal fire 6 arrows at quick session but Spike quickly pull out his dual blades and deflect all of them just by slightly twirling the blades. Jamal then materialize a insect glaive and dash towards Spike. He began twirling himself in the air and perform a downward strike. Spike raise his dual blades to block the incoming attack from Jamal. He then jam the pole of the insect glaive by closing the dual blade like scissor.