One Last Dance

(y/n) POV

November 8th 380HE

XaXa: I'm here, Assassin. 

(y/n): XaXa. 

XaXa: It's been a while. 

(y/n): 4 months. 

Me and XaXa were staring each other down, the air thick with tension. 

(y/n): I'm a little surprised you even followed me to begin with. 

XaXa: So you thought that little of me? 

(y/n): No, I just thought you'd stay with Reaper and all, that's it. 

XaXa: Ahhh, but you issued the challenge so I had to accept. 

(y/n): I guess I did. So, how's the prison cell? 

XaXa: Not exactly the most comfortable, but at least the Amusphere helps pass the time. 

(y/n): Huh. I'm surprised they even let you have one. 

XaXa: Good behavior. 

(y/n): Huh. I'm impressed you could manage to do that. 

XaXa: But enough with the talk Assassin. We know why we're here so let's not waste any more time.

(y/n): I couldn't agree with you more. 

Both of us draw out swords and I crack my neck. 

XaXa: Oh, and one last thing, since this is our last duel, Reaper has made it so that whoever dies will die in the real world. 

I let out a chuckle as he said that. 

(y/n): So the stakes are real, aren't they? 

XaXa: Yes they are Assassin, and I don't think you have what it takes anymore. 

I watched as the smile on his grew as I still had a neural look on mine. 

(y/n): Kirito, Asuna, I'll handle him. Take Drago back and help the others. 

Asuna: (y/n)-

I looked behind me to see Kirito with a hand on Asuna's shoulder and a knowing look in his eyes. He knew what I was going to do and he wasn't planning on stopping me. Kirito gave me a nod.

Kirito: You do what you need to. 

I gave him a nod and he started walking back, after a reluctant look, Asuna started walking back. 

Asuna: Be safe (y/n). 

(y/n): I will. 

Both of them left and Drago and I looked back to XaXa. This time, I let a dangerous grin slide onto my face. 

(y/n): So XaXa, shall we end this? 

XaXa: Yes we shall. 

Both of us took off towards each other and instantly, we were both locked in a clash. Both of us backed off and then he charged forward. I jumped, flipped over him, landed on my feet, and went for a strike but he was able to block. 

XaXa: Impressive, you haven't lost your touch. 

(y/n): Don't plan on disappointing anyone now. 

Both of us went back at it. XaXa went for a hit from above but I blocked with one sword and then cut his torso with the other. He jumped back and while I didn't get him deep, I definitely hurt him a little. He tried to go low but I blocked him and managed to stab him in his left thigh with the other sword. He jumped back but then started looking at me with an interesting look.