Short story: A Salaryman's Supernatural Induction 9.

Bonus Rimuru picture go brr....

.
.
.
"Good morning!"

"Oh, good morning! How was your weekend?".

"It was great! See, I went for this….."

These type of conversations were currently happening everywhere around me, it was Monday, the beginning of the school week. Just two days ago, I had completed my training with Mikami-san. The results were very pleasing.

That girl is going to trip if she doesn't look up.

That boy's phone is gonna fall out of his pocket.

The boy behind me is about to run me over with his bike.

Wait what?

I sidestepped as fast as I could, getting out of the way just before collision. It seems the boy hadn't been paying attention and was looking at another place completely.

Magicules are the best…

"Oh, sorry! You all right? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. My bad."

The boy quickly spat at an apology and excuse in the same sentence. His face seemed to say 'take the apology and let's call it a day'.

I am quite fine with that.

"Yeah, it's fine."

And so, he left.

The once populated school entrance had begun to empty out, students had joined with their friends, they drifted towards the building, still engaged in conversations about how amazing their weekends were.

I had to agree though, the weekends were amazing.

All my life, I had wanted something to distinguish me from the rest, something that would tell me that I'm not just another human in another city, doing regular human stuff.

I myself don't know why I have these feelings, these wants. What I do know, however, is that I intend to get them.

Mikami-san has helped me a lot, and he intends to help some more. I feel like I wouldn't be able to repay him for this at all, at least in a way that would reflect the value I saw in his help.

Mikami-san…what really happened on Saturday?

It was like…the already ominous energy in him had gotten more refined, however that was even possible.

It was the change in him that I sensed during my training that allowed me to get a better grasp over the atmospheric magicules. It guided me, in a sense.

I'm really curious about what that was, it happened so suddenly too..

I'm curious, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pry. I have developed a sort of trust in Mikami-san, it's not absolute, but I expect him to tell me what it is if it was important at all.

I wonder what activities he's up to now..

I mused as I headed towards the building as well.

.
.
.

Night. The time where evil doers are up and about, aiming to disrupt the peace of the city of Gotha-

Okay stop, I'm not the Batman. Just a salaryman. Hahh, I'm doing this on a whim, but I can be a little more serious about it.

Either way, it was still night.

We were now on the roof of a two storied building, looking down at the fairly deserted area below.