Chapter Forty-Four

Alec's (POV)

As soon as the bedroom door closes behind me and Freddie I shrug him off and storm off through the house we're staying in.

I completely fucked that. There's no denying it. I knew it the moment each word left my lips but I just could stop digging a deeper hole.

I don't even know where it came from it was like I saw her hunched over the toilet looking so vulnerable and the realisation that she kept something so significant from us hit me like steam train. It's like I couldn't fathom any other reason for keeping it from us other than her not wanting to have a baby with us, and that's when it really sunk in that she shouldn't want that for her life.

She's too young.

The only thing I could think was It would trap her in a life with us. When she hasn't even had a chance to live yet. She's always been trapped for one reason or another, she deserves more. She deserves to be able to chase her dreams and be happy but she can't do that if she's stuck with us.

As she stood there I could see it written all over her face that she'd make the decision to stick with us and choose this direction for her future because she'd think it would be what we want, what would make us happy. And fuck there's absolutely no denying that it would make us happy. Shit I want nothing more than to have a family with her but it would be selfish of us and that's what I was trying to explain to her.

But it all came out so wrong.

I wanted to tell her that she had options. All of which we would support but it all came out so fucking wrong and once I started digging that hole I just kept going.

"What the fuck was that?" Freddie growls as he storms up behind me.

"I'm sure she'll tell you when she's ready" I mumble back and rub a hand over my face. "In fact I'm sure she's up there right now telling Lorenzo exactly how much of a fucking prick I am" and who could blame her I was a fucking prick when she didn't need it at all.

"Nah you can fucking tell me now" he snaps just as Lorenzo comes storming into the kitchen as well.

"Start explaining now" he scowls

"What did she tell you?" I ask feeling he still seems a little confused.

"Nothing, she asked me to leave as well" he grunts back clearly frustrated and I'm surprised she didn't tell him.

How exactly do I explain that I basically just told her she has to have an abortion because we don't want her to have a baby when thats not true in the slightest.

What the fuck have I actually done?

Sliding open the patio doors Peter sticks his head through. He clearly picks up on the tension in the room as he hesitates before he says "Sorry I know you're clearly dealing with something right now but Antonio's on the move"

For once I'm relieved for the interruption, it means this conversation can wait till later. Hopefully after I've had chance to grovel to Alissandra and take back everything I stupidly said.

I nod at Peter and slip out back with the other two following me.

Word from surveillance on the property Antonio's in is that they've started packing up getting ready to leave. We quickly come to the conclusion that we have no other choice but to make a move now because if he don't there's no knowing when we will get this chance again.

Everyone starts moving about getting prepared to leave whilst Freddie heads up to break the news to Alissandra. He also made it clear he's staying here with her not willing to leave her when she's clearly upset. But within seconds of heading upstairs he comes rushing back down the stairs in a panic "she's not fucking up there" he growls as he storms towards me.

She's not up there. She's gone. She's gone because I pushed her away. Made her leave.

I don't even attempt to stop him when he grabs me by my top and shoves me against the wall. "Why would she just leave without saying anything Alec what the fuck have you done?" He's furious with me and he has every right to be.

This is my fault. Alissandra was so hurt by what I said, she left and went out there on her own where's it's dangerous. I've just placed her right into Antonio's hands because I was so scared she wouldn't want to stay that I gave her no choice but to leave.

"She might be pregnant" I say way too quietly and as I do Freddie's hands drop as what I just said really sinks in.

"Wait what did you just say?" Lorenzo asks but before I get to answer Todd interrupts us.

"She has her phone with her she's at a local drug store"  he says as he spins his laptop round to show us the screen.

Lorenzo and Freddie both glare at me with a look that says this conversation isn't over but there's a silent agreement between us all right now that getting to Alissandra is more important.

So that's exactly what we do, we all head out and attempt to get there as quickly as possible. All of us fearful of the possibility that someone aquatinted with Antonio could spot her and he could fucking get to her before we do.

"It's showing her as still being in there" Todd says as we pull up outside.

Lorenzo goes to get out but i halt him placing my hand on his shoulder. "Let me go I need to apologise"

"Apologise for what though Alec? Because you've been pretty fucking quiet about what went down in that bathroom and I think she made it fucking clear she didn't want you anywhere near her" Freddie grunts from next to me but Lorenzo ignores him and nods.

I think he gets it even though he has no idea what was said between us. I think he knows that it has to be me, I have to make this right.

Even though I'm unsure if there is any way of making this right again.

I head in but can't see Alissandra so I ask the cashier if they've seen anyone by her description and she informs me that Alissandra went into the restroom but hasn't come back out. 

I head back there and gently knock on the door and announce "Alissandra it's me"

I'm probably the last person she wants to see right now, but I need to try and redo the conversation. Do it the right way. I panic when I don't get an immediate response from her so I step into the bathroom.

When I find it empty apart from her phone and a positive pregnancy test sitting on the side I know things have definitely taken a plummet in the worst direction possible.