Chapter Forty

Alissandra's (POV)

I watch as a range of emotions flash across all of their faces, first it's confusion, doubt and then the realisation sets in and there's just anger.

Lorenzo picks up his phone and snaps to whom I guess to be Peter. "You need to get in here now, we've got an issue" my guess is confirmed when Peter stalks in moments later looking concerned.

Everyone goes into 'work mode' pretty much straight away going over every little detail of Garrett's life. Everything he's been involved in since he's worked with them. I sit absentmindedly just listening to everything my stomach churning and twisting in knots. I feel like I've just set off a bomb without really thinking about consequences. Everything points towards Garrett being involved in this all somehow but what if I'm wrong? What if I've just pieced this all together horribly wrong and now Garrett's going to get hurt because of it.

When I glance over to Alec I can see it in his eyes, he's shut off and distanced himself from any kind of emotion which leads me to guess he'll be the one dealing with Garrett. Probably in the same way he dealt with Antonio's guards and I don't quite know how I feel about that. His gaze meets mine for the briefest of moments before he stalks out. I watch him go straight into one of the room on the farthest side of the warehouse and every part of me want to follow him in there but as if he knows what I'm think Lorenzo comes to stand next to me.

"I need you to stay in here okay" he's not asking me he's telling me and I can tell by the serious tone of his voice. For once I don't argue against him realising that now is not the time for that.

It isn't long until Garrett arrives completely unaware that everyone suspects him to be a traitor because of me. He's chatting with a few of the men and I watch from the office door as Lorenzo goes over to greet him like there's absolutely nothing wrong using that same calm and collected demeanour he always uses when he's in complete control of the situation. He says something and nods towards the room Alec went into, the same room they've never let me go into.

Garrett doesn't even seem to question it and willingly goes in there making me wonder what Lorenzo said. They both go in with Peter and Freddie following them closing the door behind them.

I know Lorenzo told me to wait where I am but I can't just sit here without know what's going on so to go and see for myself. There's no one to stop me everyone else is going about their usual business completely unaware of me going towards the room. Even from outside I can already hear Garrett's muffled screams, I turn to see if anyone else is paying attention to it but it's like nothing is happening. Even as I slowly open the door and slip my way in no one even turns to look, it's just like it's another average day here and that thought is so unsettling.

I don't know what I was expecting to see but I definitely wasn't prepared for this at all. Garrett is tied down to a chair completely naked in the centre of the bleak and dark room with a spotlight over him. Freddie, Lorenzo and Peter are all standing together with their backs to me watching Alec. He's topless and already covered in blood as he's crouched down in front of Garrett pushing a drill through his hand whilst he screams. They haven't even been in here that long but Garrett is already covered in cuts and gashes all over his body, his face is almost unrecognisable. None of them have seen or heard me come in so I just stand there completely silent in the shadows watching it all unfold in front of me.

"How much do they know?" Lorenzo asks when Alec shuts off the drill but holding it still impaled through Garrett's hand.

Garrett doesn't even try to deny it as he glances at Alec then back to Lorenzo he just starts talking like he's been expecting this day to come. "everything, they know everything" he groans and with that Alec rips the drill out of his hand placing it on the table next to him.