Chapter Twenty-Nine

There is not a single sound in the space around me, or well I can't hear anything over the pounding of my heart. "Alissandra give me the gun" Alec says softly resting a hand on my shoulder but I forcefully shrug him off.

"Liss what the fuck are you doing" Freddie says from next to me and it's the first time he's spoken since we've been here. There's desperation in his voice and I know it's because he sees this only going one way.

Someone will pull their trigger and all hell will break loose. He thinks it will be me and I really don't know if he's wrong. I don't bother to answer him, I keep my eyes solely locked onto Jason who has kept his gaze on me. His smirk not once faltering even with a gun pointed directly at him.

"Give me the fucking gun" Lorenzo growls at me and I can hear how furious he is with me but I don't care about that right now.

"No" I snap back at him "he's not taking Alec"

Jason flicks his hand in the air to dismiss his men. "Lower your weapons" he says calmly whilst holding my gaze. Not once had his smirk left his face he's finding all of this way to amusing and it unnerved me deeply.

His men do as they were ordered instantly and in response so do our side but I do no such thing I keep the gun in place pointed directly towards Jason. It feels like a lead plate weighing my arm down but I refuse to show any weakness. I'm sick of feeling weak and helpless. I would hold it in place until I know that there was absolutely no chance of Alec coming to any harm.

Of any of them coming to any harm.

"Alissandra" Lorenzo says my name in a warning tone from next to me but I ignore him.

"No leave her she may be desperate but I don't think she's stupid" Jason says with a chuckle as he removes something from his suit looking like he's bored of this whole thing. "You're not stupid are you Alissandra?" he asks tilting his head to one side.

He doesn't even give me chance to respond. "Now darling what would you propose we do here, Alec killed my sister" He says as he starts pacing in small strides placing his hands in his pockets

I follow him with the gun, I know for sure I would never hit him whilst he's moving, I don't even think I'd manage it with him stood in once place. But I keep my aim locked on to him and stand a little straighter trying not to let it show how petrified I am right now. "Firstly don't call me darling and secondly you seem more bothered about Antonio destroying your stock than you do about your bitch of a sister" the malice in my words just slipped out unintentionally I couldn't help the aggravation I felt whenever Jennie was mentioned.

He throws his head back and laughs in response to what I said. "I do like you" he laughs pointing a finger at me. "Okay Alissandra how about we make a little deal then" he gestures between the two of us.

It's like we're the only two here, his whole attention is focused solely on me but I'm in no position to be bartering with this man I'm well out of my depth and I have a feeling he knows that as well.

"I'll help you with your Antonio problem we'll our Antonio problem but in return my girls work in their territory" he said gesturing to the 3 men that were like stone around me.

"That's not- " Lorenzo starts to say but I cut in before he can even attempt to finish.

"Shut up" I snapped at him and the sheer shock I have at myself nearly has me knocked off of my own feet. I have no idea where this is coming from but that fear I feel inside me is nothing compared to the thought of losing Alec. The thought of loosing any of them. "It's a deal" I say directly to Jason.