Chapter Twenty-One

Alissandra's (POV)

Lorenzo sets me back down on my feet and I stumble a little but he holds me in place with a obvious smile on his face. But that smile quickly fades as he analyses my face. "Are you okay?"

I nod and smile at him but he tilts his head to the side seeming to not believe me and I get why he's probably waiting for me to completely freak out, I guess I was kind of expecting it as well but for the first time I was able to push the memories of Antonio away, all I could think about was me and Lorenzo in that moment. And it was fucking bliss. When he came into the shower and found me sitting there crying it wasn't because I was upset, it was like realisation had finally set in. The realisation that I finally felt that I was moving past what happened to me, finally able to enjoy the feel of being with someone. Being able to be close to them again without wanting to rip my own skin off. I guess it just hit me a lot harder than I ever imagined it would.

Seeing as I haven't said anything out loud his eyes start to burn into me, concern written all over his face and I can't help but let out a little chuckle which seems to confuse him even more because his brows pinch together.
I reach up and cup his face, gently stroking his cheek with my thumb. "I'm okay, in fact I'm more than okay I just need to get my bearings a little" I reply honestly but he still doesn't seem to buy it. "Lorenzo I'm not completely broken you know I wanted it to happen so stop looking at me like I'm about to have a full blown meltdown" I sigh rolling my eyes. He seems to accept what I say and gently leans down to kiss me. We go through the motions of actually showering, the whole time Lorenzo's hands roam up and down my body. He peppers kisses in the crook of my neck, from me temples down and along me chin.

Once we've finished I perch myself on the bathroom side with my towel wrapped around me as we both brush our teeth. At first Lorenzo's staring through himself in the mirror but once we're both finished he moves to stand in front of me parting my legs slightly so he's between them. Reaching up he trails a finger gently across the biggest scar on my chest and I instinctively wince away from him. He notices straight away and shakes his head as if he's disappointed. "Don't do that. Don't hide away" he murmurs reaching up turning my head to look at him. "You're beautiful" he traces his finger over another one and this time I don't move I just keep my eyes locked onto his. "these don't change that, you know we love every part of you right?" I slowly nod my head which I feel is more of an attempt to convince myself he's right but no matter how many times him or the others say it all I can think is that they still make my body look horrendous. It may not bother them but it does me and I don't think that will ever change.

Staring into my eyes his expression changes and I swear for a second he looks sad. "You are happy here aren't you Alissandra?" He asks, his question completely catching me of guard and for a moment I don't even know what to say. Surely he must know how happy I am here. "If this is all too much you don't have to stay we'd still make sure you were safe" he says, his voice strained and something about the way he's looking at me makes me think he genuinely expects me to want to leave.

"Lorenzo of course I want to stay, why would you even say that" I reply trying to gauge where this is coming from. I go to open my mouth to speak again but as I do his lips meet mine silencing me instantly.

His hands glide up my thighs separating my legs a little more and just like before in comes Freddie like a bull in a fucking china shop. "Jesus Christ Freddie twice in one fucking day" Lorenzo growls and smashes his fist against the counter in frustration which in turn makes me flinch. His eyes quickly flash up to mine with guilt edged in every part of them. "I'm sorry I didn't think"

Before I even have a chance to say anything Freddie comes striding over. "Yeah yeah whatever you've had your fun theres an echo in here" he chuckles flashing me a cheeky smile that makes the flush of embarrassment start to build across my face. He practically shoves Lorenzo to one side and then lifts me up wrapping my legs round him. "she has presents to open" he then says.