Chapter Nine

Alec's (POV)

I couldn't believe my eyes, there she was right in front of us. We'd finally found her. As soon as my eyes locked onto her i felt the overwhelming rage inside me dampen slightly, it had been there ever since she was taken. Growing by the day and I'd lost all control of it but now she was there in front of me i felt whole again.

The guy Freddie shot had slumped down onto of her trapping her underneath him. She was still screaming and trying her hardest to get out. I rushed over to her pretty much barging Lorenzo and Freddie out of my way in the process. Pulling him off of her i went to reach for her and pull her into my arms she kicked and screamed trying to get away from me.

"Alissandra its okay it's Alec" I murmured and with that her eyes finally met mine and she stopped and stilling in an instant. She stared at me for a moment and as soon as she seemed to realise it was me she flung herself into my arms and sobbed. She'd lost a hell of a lot of weight, i could feel her bones as i held her close to me and the smell of rotting flesh coming from her was horrendous but then when I analysed her skin I could see why. Her whole body was covered in wounds i didn't even know where to put my hands, some had dressings that were seeping whilst others were exposed and raw. He'd fucking done this to her. I had to swallow the lump in my throat trying to keep my composure and her body convulsed as she sobbed.

All of a sudden she started screaming again. "No stop" cried out and tried to release herself from me. "He helped me, Luca helped me" she pleaded and i looked up to see Freddie dragging someone out of the bathroom. He stopped and dropped the guy who then scampered towards me and Alissandra. I went to stop him but Alissandra pushed me away and wrapped herself around him, her whole body shaking with fear.

Who the fuck was this guy.

We didn't have time to ask questions Alissandra was in a bad way and needed to get to a hospital as soon as possible. She seemed comfortable with this guys presence and the fact that she was clinging on to him meant that we had no choice but to bring him with us.

Once we were at the hospital he was safely kept away with our eyes on him whilst the doctors saw to Alissandra. I watched his every move, analysing them with great detail. He was calm, the only one that was calm which didn't sit right with me.

After what felt like a lifetime the doctor came to update us, we all stood. Luca included unfortunately. "No you stay right there" I snapped shoving him back down into his seat. He didn't fight against it and he was fucking wise not to as well cause I'd make sure he'd never stand again if he even considered moving.

We guided the doctor away slightly so Luca couldn't listen in on the conversation but we could still keep our eyes on him.

"How is she?" Lorenzo asked straightaway

The doctor sighed and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. What ever he was going to say next wasn't going to be the best news. "Well she's incredibly dehydrated and malnourished. But In terms of physical injuries she has 3 cracked ribs, a fractured skull, 2nd degree burns and cuts scattered all over her body and a very severe infection from the open wounds. We're going to keep her sedated whilst we give her antibiotics through a drip" hearing it out loud sent the imagines of that fucker inflicting all that pain on her flashing through my head. I had to clench my fists so tight with my nails were practically piercing through my skin in order to keep myself from loosing it completely.

"There is one more thing you should know" he seemed hesitant to continue "We completed a rape kit and it identified a significant amount of trauma which would indicate that she has been subjected to numerous violent assaults" out of everything that was the hardest one to hear. The physical stuff she could heal from but he'd fucking raped her, I didn't know if she'd be able to come back from that. We didn't even know if it was just him either. It was hard enough thinking about him touching her let alone anyone else. "Physically i think she will be okay after a few weeks recovery but mentally and emotionally i think you need to be prepared for a significant trauma response"  The doctor said pulling me out of my thoughts "In my 30 years of working in this field i have never seen injuries that significant"