June 6th

TW. Mentions of suicide (x2)

Five days. I was out for five entire days. Honestly I'd rather be asleep still, anything rather than where I am currently, which is sat in a med bay bed and being chastised by a very angry Piper. I'm not really listening to what she's saying - I pretty much zoned out after the first few sentences. From what I gather she's saying the same three things over and over in different formats to drill the point into my head. No matter, I'm pretty sure they're all aware that I'm too stubborn (or too stupid) to take her advice on board.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING... (blah blah blah)"

"...COULD'VE DIED... (blah blah blah)"

"... AND THE BABY... (blah.)"

She says it over and over as if I'm not already aware. I wouldn't have come on this quest if I hadn't assessed the danger. I might be stubborn but I'm still a daughter of the goddess of warfare, I'm still capable of doing my due diligence when it comes to planning.

Piper sighs. "I almost think you're trying to get yourself killed Annabeth. And not in a quirky way anyway." the anger leaves a void in her voice that leaves it empty and emotionless. "If this is some suicide mission to you then maybe I shouldn't ask Coach Hedge to send you back."

I roll my eyes.

"I know you're more experienced at this than me but-"

Cutting her off I state "There's no 'but' Piper. I'm more experienced than you. I know what I'm doing. So. Leave. It.." while ripping countless tubes out of my arms. There's a tingling down my arm as the fluids slowly make their way through my bloodstream for the last time.

Standing up I go to leave the room, only stopping to state, "you're welcome you know. For saving your life." in a deadpanned voice. I do feel a slight bit of shame in slamming the door. What are you Annabeth, a seven year old mad at their dad for not checking under her bed for monsters.

Of course one of the only things my father did do for me was check for monsters.

"Hey angry girl." Leo says while shaking his wii controller vigorously. "Guessing Pipers bad cop routine didn't go too well for her."

"Watch it Valdez." I say, shooting him a glare. "I can summon another pit scorpion if you're desperate to be next."

"Oh I'm good Owlface. You know you couldn't resist jumping in to save the Valdezinator, and I don't really fancy a lecture from Piper. She's prone to charmspeaking me into setting my underwear on fire."

I scowl at him as I walk to my bunk. "In your dreams fireboy, save yourself."

He laughs at me. "No worries Annabeth, I'm sure you're happy with the number of failed attempts you have at suicide already."

Under the assumption that Jason was off somewhere flying with the bricks I lock myself in my room and open up Daedalus' laptop. We have 19 days until we get to Percy and I'm not about to let him know that I'm 6 months pregnant with some deformed clump of seaweed when we get to him. A little short on ideas I load up my designs and get to work on a new binder. Grateful as I am to the work for the Hecate cabin, you can still feel the lump protruding from my ever expanding stomach if you press against it, illusions aside. I'm not about to spend the last days I have with that seaweed brain social distancing and avoiding his touch.

*•≈Zephyrus has flown you through time to June 15th on his western wind≈•*

Hindsight is 20/20 and it appears that my forward vision is horrendous. Apparently being rude to Piper isn't the best move I could've made, who would have thought. It seems to have set off this chess match that, despite being Athena's daughter, has brought me to the verge of checkmate. I've never known someone to be so offended that I saved their life other than Percy. Apparently however, taking a knife for my immortal boyfriend is less idiotic than a non lethal scorpion sting from my best friend. You can explain the logic to me because I don't see it.

When I walk into a room Piper walks out.

When I forget breakfast she threatens me with tube feeding. I may be a feminist but I'm not a suffragette, I don't need to be forcefed and I'm not on some petty hunger strike against her friendship. I mean, how she expect me to react when she accused me of what she did? Tears and an apology. When have I ever reacted to an accusation of anything like that. Poor Jason has becoming a mediator, which no offence to the lad but he is not good at. The man can literally fly away from his problems, why does he expect himself to fix other peoples? Anyway, Piper shows no signs of slowing down her stubbornness and I'm not known for wavering in mine so I'm just hoping she finds another hill to die on because I'm not sure how much more I can take before I erupt more violently than Percy in a volcano.

Not that it matters, in ten days I'll have bigger problems than some petty silent treatment. In ten days I get Percy back and I'm not quite sure if I'm excited or terrified because if that seaweed brain doesn't remember me I don't know what I'll do.

Needless to say, this would be a hell of a lot easier without some alien growing bigger every day inside of me, there isn't enough room for the dread to form a pit in my stomach. I'm just having to deal with it pumping through my heart like it's trying to escape. I don't know how long I can hold it in...