Epilogue One [Jay's POV]

Epilogue One

[Byeol. From Jay's Point Of View]

I always knew I would to end up with Byeol in life.

Maybe because I was supposed to feel that way. I was told to feel that way. Since I was a child, I was with her. Our parents always joked about the union. I protected her. She cared about me. It was all written in the stars. The plan of destiny. Her father sent her to Korea to stay with my family because her mother was diagnosed with cancer. Her father was unable to give Byeol time, and he trusted my parents. It came with restrictions when we entered our teenage years though.

I still remembered the day when we got admitted in High School, and Byeol sat me down.

"Listen, I love you, I do, but if you happen to like someone, you can tell me. I won't mind. It's alright." She was selfless like that. "I can find someone too. I'm pretty."

"I don't like someone though," I told her. "I guess, I'm stuck with you."

She chuckled. "Still, dumbo."

The very next day after the conversation, I got diagnosed with the word 'Crush' when I became of the age. I offered my crush pepero, and she had the audacity to look me in the eye and turn away, saying 'she wasn't interested'. I was so embarrassed and hurt that I asked her to at least accept the pepero. There was noting wrong with that, right? She sighed, took the pepero and left. My high school friends saw the exchange and I told Byeol about it too. They all made fun of me. Yeah, so after that incident I never tried that crush thing.

Byeol was the summer sunshine. The hope of spring. The warm tea of winter. She was everything one could want. I still remember the moment I fell in love with her. How could I not love her after all? How could not anyone not love a girl like her? She moved like a passing wind, making the hair rustle and heart tumble. She smiled like one of the rare God's creation.

It was the first year of our high school. She was painting, in her own world, her eyes focused. I had come to see her for lunch. I always had. Because once she started painting, she would be too lost to realise her basic needs. She was passionate like that. I was about to scream her name to get her attention when she stopped all of the sudden. Her hand placed the brush down.

As if watching a movie, Byeol cleaned her hands elegantly. Her hands looked small and pretty. I felt the sudden urge to hold them. She pulled her hair in a ponytail and smiled at her classmate kindly, explaining her something. Then as if feeling my eyes, she looked through the glass window and met my gaze.

Her smile widened and she waved her hand, giving me her toothy grin. She only smiled like this with me.

"You're so lucky my boy." my classmate was passing by when he commented. "She only smiles like this with you. Everyone is waiting for her yes, but she only has eyes on you."

Byeol came out of the art room. Her eyes scanned my face. "How are you, hero?" She asked, her hands already ruffling my hair, messing them a little just like she liked it. "I had put an alarm. I wanted to come to you first, but you beat me to it."

"Han Byeol."

"Hmm?" She looked up to me, fingers still caressing my hair.

"I like you. Can you come on a date with me?"

Her hand paused there. "What?"

"I always felt like I'm stuck with you, but fuck it, because you're stuck with me. Just a little few seconds ago, I fell in love with you, and I think I want to spend rest of my life with you."