5 | Watch Me Burn

"Really?"

I paused when Sunghoon told me that he hadn't informed Jay about tonight's visit. Sunghoon nodded. "Jay kept delaying. He was always busy, so I came before him. Dropped him a text though. He'll probably be here after the schedule."

Interesting. Jay would probably run here when he read the text. I showed Sunghoon the latest collection of my shoe designs and gifted him the pair he liked the most. The way his eyes lit up was something. He looked too pure, too kind, too much for this world. He kept showing his love for my designs every chance he got.

"You know Jay is always acting like a proud husband whenever I talk about your collection." Sunghoon grinned. "I always tell him to tone down. It's his girlfriend's designs, not his. But, he does it nonetheless."

I chuckled. "I bet." Jay was a good actor. He should join the acting field with the way he had everyone under choke hold with his lies and our fake relationship. Especially his close friend Sunghoon.

"Ara, Jay would be so jealous when I'll show him this." He lifted the gift bag. "You know your boyfriend still hasn't opened the gift you gave him last time."

"He hasn't?"

"No." Sunghoon shook his head. "I tell him to open it but he doesn't. Oh are we having drinks?" He asked as we made our way out of the collection room to the drinks section.

"If you want to." I gave him an easy smile. "It's my mother's favorites. You can try." I nodded at the bartender and excused myself as I pretended to go on a call. I took at least 20 minutes before I went back.

Sunghoon was smashed. At least on the verge.

He gave me a lazy smile. "Ara! This is good stuff." His smile was wholesome. "Come here!"

I sat beside him. The bartender left to give us privacy. "You seem happy."

"I am. Jay has moved on. He's with you. And, you're so pretty and good to him!" He slurred out and drank more, this time straight from the bottle. I wanted to tell him to take it easy but didn't. "I like seeing Jay happy."

"And, You? Are you happy?" I asked.

Sunghoon placed his head on the table and pressed his cheek on the counter as he blinked up at me. "I am happy. So happy. Bora is with me," he said. Then hiccuped.

"Poor boy. You don't even know what your girlfriend is doing to you," I murmured as I brushed away hair from his forehead. "People like her should be punished, right?"

Sunghoon groaned and I knew the heavy drinks he had were taking their effects. "Bora..." He murmured, his hand reaching out to me. "Bora..."

I watched as his hand grabbed mine, intertwining our fingers. "Her mother broke my family. She's breaking yours." I also placed my head on the table and looked at him. "Jay don't understand this. He wants to fight me, but he doesn't know what I'm capable of. No, Sunghoon?"

"Stop talking about Jay hyung Bora," Sunghoon kissed the top of our intertwined hands, and smiled. His half closed eyes leaned forward and I stared. "I like you so much. Do you know that?"

"I'm sorry Sunghoon. I'm sorry for involving you in this game." I actually smiled genuinely when he grinned. His cheek had turned rosy and I couldn't help but feel at odd peace.

"I said let me in!"

Of course the peace was broken when the chaos stirred outside the door. It was Jay. He was fighting with the guard, trying to get through the barrier between his precious member and him. I had instructed the guards to not disturb us, and they would follow the order but I also knew Jay. He would get through anything when it came to his friends.