8 | The Theory Of Love

I thought Jay would bring the make out session in conversation, but he didn't. He acted like nothing happened between us. I followed his lead. He made sure we both were not in the same place alone anytime. His strength to keep up the boyfriend charade was draining him out fast I guess. It was obvious how different we were in this prospect.

"Jungwon, eat your breakfast." Jay cooked his leader special dish just because Jungwon came back late from the meeting with the management. It was some leader stuff, he told Jay.

"Yes, hyung." He smiled. I watched them interacting from the door. They had no idea I was standing there.

Jay was quiet attentive to the young guy. He let him talk, made sure he ate enough before taking a promise that he would sleep now. It seemed like Jay was making up for all the responsibilities Jungwon had taken from such a young age. He had spent his youth carrying the weight of a successful group. It wasn't an easy job.

I wondered how many times Jungwon had sacrificed his happiness for the group. How many times had he put others before himself when it came to living the life of an idol.

"Jungwon. Chayoung left a parcel for you. It's contains some CDs, new game sets and your favorite food packets." Jay teased him. "Are we getting a dating announcement soon?"

"She's crazy." Jungwon hung his head low and munched his food. I realised that he was blushing. "Chayoung always take me to her place just so I could play arcade games. I don't know what's wrong with her."

Jay had a knowing smile. "She's putting you first my boy."

Jungwon smiled shyly. Don't tell me... Did he actually love Chayoung?

I cleared my throat and greeted the guys. Jay's smile dropped but he managed to nod, and kiss my cheek in greeting. Jungwon grinned, finished his food and left us alone. My heart hurt seeing him like that. I might hate the world, but some people... you just weren't allowed to hate them. Jungwon came under that category.

"What are you doing here?" Jay pushed off the kitchen counter, and walked toward me. As pissed off as I was, or as pissed off as I wanted to be, I couldn’t deny that I was incredibly attracted to this man, in a way I’d never experienced before.

Something about having him near made me feel like I might combust if he didn’t touch me. Focus Ara.

"You've not opened my gift. The one I gave you last month? Remember my surprise visit?" We went to Jay's room to keep up the appearance. "Open it now. Aren't you curious?"

"Whatever." Jay avoided my eyes, and opened the parcel. It had a box in box, and then a letter. Choice : Save One. It was written in bold there. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"My proposal." I was going to give him an option between Sunoo and Sunghoon just to play your mind when I first made it for him, but now the options were changed.

"What do you mean?"

"You can either let Sunghoon know the truth or save another member from the future heartbreak. I'll do one."

He frowned. "You're not making sense. Is there something I should know?"

"I'll save Sunghoon from Bora and Sunoo's truth or I'll protect someone else. Choose one." I walked towards him, and ruffled his hair. "You've to choose one. I can only save one. Sunghoon or the other member?"