3 | Call Me Monster

"Birthday party?"

I blinked. Jungwon stared at me as if I had grown two heads. My mind jogged a lot information and then it struck. Shit. April. Jay's birthday. I was his girlfriend. Fuck. It had been a month since Jay announced our fake dating news and we never talked about it again.

I got busy with the promotions and his idiotism just slipped my mind.

"Oh you guys are celebrating in the dorms?" I made a sheepish smile, trying to salvage the situation. "Actually I was hoping to celebrate his birthday with you all in my place, but it's okay. We can celebrate it there too."

Jungwon made a 'oh face'. "Noona, we can celebrate it in your place. It's just that we have a tradition of celebrating it together with friends at dorms-"

"Then it's okay Jungwon. We can celebrate in the dorms and then I can borrow your Jay hyung for some time to my place?" I acted to smile shyly and he gave me a toothy grin. "Will that be alright?"

"Of course, noona." He waved at me and then left the building. Enhypen Leader was really something. He came to see me late night just so he could involve me in the planning for Jay's birthday. Did he really care for Jay's happiness this much?

My smile slipped just as Jungwon disappeared from my sight, and I turned to Liam. He cowered under my gaze. "Ma'am, I'm sorry. I thought you remembered Jay's birthday. I'll keep it in my mind from the next time."

"You better do that." I patted his shoulder. "You're my step father's dog, but right now I've the leash. So you have to work harder. We don't want my father knowing your personal adventure, right?"

His face paled. "Yes ma'am."

I tapped his cheek with a smile and went out. The car was parked in front of the exit, and I put on my glasses before I got in. I thought of Jay. I wondered if his intelligent self even remembered his fake relationship with me? He looked so smug that night. I won't deny. Jay truly surprised me that day.

What if I surprised him this time? It had been a month. Shouldn't I visit him as a good girlfriend?

"Wait. Turn around," I instructed the driver. "Enhypen dorms. Take me there."

It was time to let him know what he was up against. No? I smiled to myself and made sure to get a gift for him on my way. I made sure to text Jungwon first since I needed to know if Jay would be there or not. Jungwon was too happy to oblige and said he was on his way to dorms as well.

I met him in the parking basement. Jungwon was a polite guy. I could give him that. I smiled as he told me animatedly about Jay's days and how he was always smiling while texting me on phone. Jay never texted me. Hmmm... So who was she? Did he have a weakness too? I should search for it more.

"We tease him by your name because he's always on his phone." Jungwon and I entered the elevator. The handbag slipped from my fingers just as the lift groaned under us and I stumbled. "Oh I'll get it." He got on his knees and a ring fell down his pocket and rolled to my feet.

I frowned and kneeled to take it in between my fingers. I scanned it curiously, and my eyes widened just as my mind registered something very very important about this ring. Jungwon stood up and gave me my handbag. He saw the ring in my fingers and froze.

"Oh it's my friend's ring." Jungwon took it from my hand and I smiled, pretending to search something in my bag. He also got engaged with his phone, and I didn't miss the way he smiled while texting.

So Enhypen Leader had hots for Midnight Blues Teal aka my girl Chayoung. That was why she was so concerned about me coming back to South Korea. Poor girl must've gotten scared out of her mind. Woah. I was getting people's weakness left and right. I had to say I was proud of my luck.