13 | The Great Gatsby

I'm very excited for you guys to read this chapter. I hope you like it! Don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you!

You got to be kidding me.

"When did you become best friends with Hayun? God Chayoung, you really know how to hurt my feelings." I placed a hand over my chest dramatically, and she rolled her eyes. "What? Why did you go to that show when you don't even know that girl Hayun?"

Apparently Chayoung had shot her part in the reality show '30 dates with you' as a friend of Hayun, Heesung's partner. Hayun and Heesung were shooting together and of course there were a lot of news articles coming everyday about them. Especially netizens reaction. I mean when did netizens have nothing to say? Their mouths should be taped at this point. But, still it came as a shock when I saw her in the episode.

Chayoung didn't really do people favors just like that. I bet she did it for Jungwon.

"Because I wanted to. She's a friend." Chayoung glanced at Jay. "Sunbae, please turn off the TV before your girlfriend makes one more comment. I'm out for blood today you see."

Jay looked back and forth between me and her, and sighed. "Tell me again how come you guys are childhood friends?"

"Knowing someone since childhood is a different thing, baby." I ruffled his hair and he glared. "She moved to Korea in our prime years."

"I swear you both are weird." Chayoung shook her head, got the remote from the table and switched the channel. Unfortunately for her, it went on to the 'Fifth anniversary' interview Midnight Blues had held two days ago. I knew she would change it again, so I snatched the remote from her hands. "Ara! I swear I'll kill you-"

"Look look look! Baby cat is calling to wish you guys." I grinned, putting the remote over my head. She was tall, but not taller than me. Additionally, I was wearing six inches heels. "Ah. See, someone is blushing."

"Noona. It's Jungwon. I know you must be surprised by the call. Ae-Cha noona, I know you since my trainee days and we've had a lot of good and bad days together and separately. I remember you calling me when you were selected as the leader of the group. You asked for my advice. You were unsure about the responsibility. I remember you being harsh on yourself. Today I want to tell you noona that your hard work paid off and you've done well. You always have. I hope you see that too.

You and all of the group members are doing well, and I congratulate you on this successful milestone. I'll always be cheering for Midnight Blues. Fighting."

Jay looked at Ara. "If anyone focused on you, they can see your red cheeks." He burst out laughing when Chayoung stomped her foot.

I leaned close to her. "Your make out session was caught in the cctv from last dinner. Poor security was traumatized, so try to be careful next time. No?"

Her cheeks flushed, and she grumbled under her breath and started walking towards the exit. "It was nice seeing you, Chayoung!" I yelled behind her and she gave me a middle finger. Oh she was never coming back here. Poor girl. Her mother asked her to visit me, and of course Chayoung took a selfie as a proof that she indeed met me today. Otherwise Kim Chayoung won't step one foot around me.

I turned to Jay. His grin disappeared, and any attempt he was making to stay normal evaporated in the air surrounding us. "You met Sunoo and Bora for dinner. How did it go? Apart from your bravery stunt of course." Jay came to me and I raised my brows. "Did you tell anything to him?"

We were in the USA. In my LA home. Enhypen was having a concert here. I attended it today. Jay came to visit because well his members pushed him to. It would look weird to them that he wasn't meeting his girlfriend when we both were in the same area. I was here for a family business.