"Yes, I mean it. I mean it, and I'll never touch Raymond again! Help me!"

Elmud drew his sword.

"I don't like it... but you are a patient, and I will protect you as my lord commands, for I am a proud Relief Knight who protects the sick."

Elmud took great pride in his title as a relief knight, a title bestowed upon him by his lord.

Above all else, loyalty to his master was paramount.

Anyone who dared insult his master, even if they were a patient, would face severe consequences.

Swish!

Elmud's sword sliced through the air, cutting through the Shabel Wolves, D-class monsters, as if they were mere paper.

The wolves crumbled and vanished.

Glancing at Seitil, Elmud noticed that he was already bleeding heavily and had lost consciousness.

Elmud carefully carried him back, ensuring his safety.

Once Seitil regained consciousness, he left the castle immediately.

"He left? Immediately?"

"Yes."

"...his arm was injured, and it sounds like there will be lingering effects if it's not properly treated."

Raymond shook his head.

Seitil would take care of that.

Elmud looked pleased.

"His Highness Seitil asked me to tell you something."

"What?"

"That he sincerely apologizes for his past misdeeds, and that he will never do you wrong again."

"..."

Raymond made a grotesque face.

"His Highness Seitil really said that?"

"Yes."

'...What the hell happened'

Seitil was quickly put out of his mind.

An incredibly shocking piece of news had hit the castle.

"Something's happened, Baron!"

It was Lord Ingel, his face white as a sheet. Raymond's heart sank as he realized something terrible had happened.

"What has happened?"

"Our allies in the center have been defeated!"

"...What?"

Lord Ingel exclaimed in a howl.

"His Royal Highness Prince Remerton has been caught in the Marquis Durak's handiwork. Over twenty thousand confirmed dead! The entire front has collapsed! We must retreat as quickly as possible!"

***

Allies Defeated!

It was unbelievable news!

Here's how it went down.

Having gained the upper hand, Remerton and his foreign reinforcements continued to win in the center.

Remerton was greatly encouraged by the successive victories.

He felt that he was bringing victory to the Kingdom of Droton thanks to his brilliant strategic skills.

'As expected. Durak is no match for my genius, and now everyone realizes who the real genius is.'

As time went on, he grew more arrogant and less careful, unaware that all his victories had been a ruse by Durak.