Surgery.

'It is what it is, and I've got to make it work.'

He'd make it work, and give this sweet potato a stinging kick in the ass!

And so the emergency surgery began.

***

But there was no way such a treatment could be done out here in the open.

In the end, the only option was to sew the torn vessels back together with tight stitches.

'Can I do it?'

Raymond swallowed hard.

Suturing blood vessels.

Not an easy procedure.

Especially under these conditions.

What's more, the tear was not a good one.

It was torn laterally, making it difficult to stitch.

'But I have to do it.'

If he can't do it, no one can.

He had to do it somehow.

He was glad he asked the dwarves to make a surgical loupe for him.

He was in tears when he requested it because it was so expensive, but without it, he wouldn't have been able to attempt the surgery.

Raymond meticulously maneuvered the thread with trembling hands, his gaze focused through the surgical loupe on the delicate blood vessels.

The slightest mistake was unacceptable.

The specially designed, threadlike needle pierced the blood vessel with a tiny snap.

Puuk.

Was he nervous?

The slightest sound felt like thunder.

Fortunately, the first knot was successful.

'You can do it. Don't be nervous. Whew.'

[The Heart of Steel is manifesting!]

[A Heart of Steel is developing!]

A message appeared, almost as if to remind him to maintain composure.

Raymond took a moment to absorb the encouragement before proceeding with the second and third knots.

Suturing a blood vessel required impeccable balance.

It should neither be too loose nor too tight, too weak nor too strong. A delicate equilibrium had to be achieved.

Insufficient tension would cause the wound to burst under the pressure of blood flow, while excessive force could damage the fragile vascular tissue.

It was a surgical procedure that demanded unwavering precision.

Since the operation had to be performed outdoors, he found a spot that was as free of dust as possible.

The technicians who came with them cleaned up as much as possible, gave him painkillers and sleeping pills, and went straight to work.

The rescue team prepared for any possible enemy attack.

[The Hand of a Warrior is manifested! Senses increase by 10!]

[Experience of a Warrior(C-) is manifested! Senses increase by 5!]

[Stat]

[Senses: 42 → 57]

'Whew. Let's do this.'