"...I apologize."

There was a giggle.

It was the military brass, the ones who ignored him out of jealousy.

One of them, Remerton, stepped forward with a scowl.

"Perhaps a seat at a strategy meeting like this is unconventional for a healer, Baron Penin. While your insights about the base were notable last time, this upcoming offensive requires an all-out approach without the reliance on a small base."

Seitil also exclaimed.

"Let me take the lead on this turn, and we'll wipe out the Drottons once and for all!"

They were not alone.

"I'll lead the vanguard!"

"I'll command the right flank!"

An intense heat swept through the barracks.

Everyone in the room jockeyed for position.

A war that was going to be won anyway.

None of them seemed the least bit worried about losing.

Except for one.

Only Raymond glanced at the tactical map with a sneer.

'What's the matter? We don't seem to be at a disadvantage. No, I mean, we have a huge advantage on the battlefield.'

They have the numbers, they have the morale.

They were ahead.

'Then why this ominous quest?'

Raymond pondered.

'Ugh. I'm a healer, so why am I the one who has to think about this. Shouldn't the higher-ups in the army be the ones to do that?'

Technically, tactics and strategy weren't his domain, but he couldn't afford to sit on the sidelines.

If the quest was true, there would be a lot of casualties.

The soldiers' fleeting sacrifice had to be prevented.

'And if I can figure out the enemy's intentions this time, I'll have done a great service again, which will help me get the top yolk estate later.'

Raymond's head spun desperately with the thought.

'Think about it, what are we missing?'

But he couldn't think of anything.

Knightly and common troops alike were outnumbered, morale was high, and even the terrain was favorable.

Foolishly, the enemy had positioned their main body in a bushy area where it was difficult to see.

Just then, Duke Leif spoke.

"Is there something you wish to say, Baron Penin?"

"That..."

Raymond rolled his eyes.

He couldn't think of anything right now.

"I believe it would be prudent to prepare for a potential surge in enemy numbers."

A few people snickered at the casual remark.

But unexpectedly, Duke Leif spoke up again.

"What do you mean by unexpected, exactly?"

He wasn't just asking.

Duke Leif was feeling similar anxiety.

'This is a fight in which our forces have an absolute advantage. Why is Archduke Berard attempting an all-out assault that is sure to fail?'