048.

— CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT
❝SHOW ME.❞

— JUDE —

NERVOUS IS and understatement for how I'm feeling right now. I'm shitting it. It's 8pm and Harmony's finishing up getting ready. Dinners in an hour but I told her I wanted to give her the last present before dinner, In private. I'm scared.

This present is the most important one and I'm scared about how she'll react. If she'll freak out or if she'll love it. Not sure. Her reactions are unpredictable because that girl is so crazy she could just about say or do anything.

Tonight would of been perfect to tell her how I feel. If I wasn't a scared idiot that had trust issues. I hate that I'm too messed up to just tell her and be with her. Keep reminding myself that things will work out the way they're meant to and we'll just magically end up together without either of us saying how we feel. But realistically, that's not happening.

I have the gift in my hand in a small little present bag. Harmony's come out of the bathroom so I quickly hide the bag behind my back.

She looks amazing. Actually amazing isn't even the word. Almost don't want to let her out of the hotel room with how gorgeous she looks.

"You look extremely good tonight." I compliment. Can't stop staring at her. The way the dress fits the way it brings out her eyes, her hair her lips, everything is just on another level tonight.

"Thanks." She smiles looking down a little. She seems a little shy.

"Ready to go?" I ask her

"Where are we going again?" She questions walking over to me. Starts fixing the collar of my shirt as if it's second nature. I swallow thickly at her being so close to me. Try to control my hands, shove them in my pockets to stop them from reaching out and grabbing her to pull her even closer to me.

"For a walk. Got that last present to give you." I look down at her. She looks up at me, her eyes smiling before her mouth does.

"Okay." She replies softly.

I look her up and down. That dress. Gonna be the death of me tonight. "I like this dress."

She looks down at herself and then back up at me. Smirk on her lips. Prettiest mouth I've ever seen, constantly want to kiss it. Really want to kiss it tonight.

"Yeah?" Playfulness in her tone. Probably an effect of the alcohol she's consumed. Been drinking since the morning that one. Surprised she didn't crash and fall asleep after we got back from the beach.

"Yeah." I confirm. Smirking down at her.

She looks away, laughing softly. Pats my chest. "Let's go for that walk."

She begins to walk to the door. I follow her, checking her out the entire time. Try to keep my shit together as I watch the way she's walking, how the dress moves.

Slip my hand in hers as we walk to the lift. Once we get to the main floor we walk out, still hand in hand. I decide to take her for a walk on the beach, not on the sand just around the perimeter before you get to the sandy part.