045.

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
❝KEEP THAT PRETTY SMILE GOING.❞

— HARMONY —

I OPEN my eyes, shifting a little and feel an arm around me. I peer down to see Jude's arm wrapped around my waist and then I look to my left and see that I'm laying down on his chest.

My eyes widen when the realisation that I feel asleep on him hits me. I gently remove his arm from around my waist without waking him and then ever so slowly I scoot to the edge of the bed, discreetly trying to get out of it.

"What are you doing?" I hear Jude ask sleepily.

I turn to him, one leg in the bed one leg out. I'm practically hanging off about to fall out.

"I...didn't want to wake you up." I lie

He shifts so he's facing me. Grabs my arm that's in the bed, pulls me so I'm back in it properly.

"Aw, do you care about my sleep sweetheart?" He teases his signature smirk on his lips as he looks into my eyes. I'm trying to keep myself composed but the close proximity and the way he easily pulled me back into the bed is making my head foggy and heart race.

"No. Not your sleep specifically. I just care about sleep in general. I really like sleep. I'm a sleep advocate. I believe everyone in the world should get their correct hours of sleep." I blink rapidly. I'm nervous. He makes me nervous.

"You know..." He inches closer and I'm about to move back but he wraps an arm around my waist to stop me.

"You're cute when you ramble." He grins

"I'm not rambling." Roll my eyes

"Sleep really does matter to me." I voice

"Mhm." He's still grinning

"It does!" I hit him a little

"Sure." Grin is yet to disappear.

"You're annoying." I huff

"You're adorable." He smartly counters.

I try not to smile as I watch him remove his hand from my waist and get out of bed. He goes into the bathroom to brush his teeth and shower.

He's in there for twenty minutes and then finally comes out in nothing but a towel around his waist. My eyes nearly fall out of my head when he leaves the bathroom to grab his clothes to change.

He is something else. An absolutely beautiful specimen of a man. And what makes him even more attractive is his personality. Granted he wasn't the nicest when we first met. But when the ice started to thaw and the real him was exposed, how could you not be attracted to him.

He's one of the sweetest most caring men I've ever met. He truly does have a heart of gold when you get to know him how I have. It's impassible not to fall for him. I didn't see it before. How so many girls were hooked on him. But now I do. Now I know how easy it is to fall for him and how hard it is to stop yourself from doing so.

I'm still ogling him when he turns around and our eyes accidentally catch. I immediately look away but it's too late.

He doesn't say anything though. He just smirks and returns back to the bathroom to change.