012.

CHAPTER TWELVE
❝WHY WE'D NEVER WORK.❞

— JUDE —

YESTERDAY couldn't of gone any worse. To the public we were fine. The job got done and the talk that we wanted to stimulate was made. As for Harmony and I ever getting along, it's looking unlikely.

She left the car In such a rush yesterday she left her jacket on the seat. I sent her a text to let her know it was with me and that she could come and pick it up but she hasn't replied. So I decide to drive it over to her.

I'm outside her house in no less than ten minutes. Helps that she lives near me I guess. I ring the doorbell waiting for her to answer.

She does so, a shocked expression on her face. She's dressed in pink silk pj's. Darker pink hearts dotted all over them. And she has on that headband girls wear when they need to put on their makeup or wash their face. It's also pink. Matching her pink fluffy slippers.

I can see there's a theme going on. Pink clearly being one of if not her favourite colour. I have to admit she looks kind of cute like this.

"Simmons." I nod a hello at her.

"Bellingham." She crosses her arms over her chest. Annoyingly already on the defence.

"Your jacket." I hold it out for her. She goes to innocently grab it and I move it away with a little tut. Just to annoy her.

She pushes the door open, stepping towards me and roughly grabs the jacket out of my hand. Clearly not in a jokey mood.

I step back, putting my hands up as if I'm surrendering. A slight smirk on my lips.

"Is that it?" She asks shortly

"Getting rid of me so soon? Thought you'd want to talk some more?" I smirk leaning against her doorframe. My eyes peer past her into her apartment. I see some plants and a nice looking living room. It makes me intrigued.

"In a perfect world, you'd be mute." She fake smiles. I laugh because I hate to say it but the girls funny.

"And in a perfect world, pink hearted pjs wouldn't exist." I wink. Touching the hem of her shirt for a few seconds.

I take the opportunity to stroll into her apartment as she looks down at herself with a small little pout that I also find cute along with those pyjamas I've just made fun of.

"Hey! Get out!" She whips her head around to me marching right over.

"Does one nineteen year old girl really need this many plants and flowers?" I ask her turning to her with a questioning eyebrow.

"Get out!" She points towards the open door.

I don't budge. I just continue to inspect her large plant collection whilst waiting for her to answer my question.

She huffs. Realising I won't leave she shuts the door, taking a slow walk over to me so we're stood shoulder to shoulder looking down at her plants.

"Yes." She finally answers my long awaiting question.

"Why?" I turn to look at her.