013.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
❝GET IT TOGETHER❞

— HARMONY —

IM SAT in Michael's office along with Jude. Next to each other as Michael sits in front of us at the table. Honestly from the outside looking in, it looks like he's the headteacher and we're the naughty students that are in trouble. That's also slightly what it feels like.

"So, how's it going with you two?" He asks hopefully and I feel bad to break that lovely smile of his with the bad news I will most likely eventually reveal.

"Alright." Jude answers with an unbothered shrug.

"Harmony?" Michael directs to me waiting for my take on things.

"The public think we have something going on. So I guess good." I relay. It's the truth. The plans working. It's going well. We're doing a good job. But do we enjoy doing it? No. Have him and I found any common ground to bond over? Absolutely not. Do we still hate each others guys tremendously? Absolutely.

Michael nods. "Yes. The public are very Interested in you two. As are the press. Everyone's speculating.
Especially now that you guys have begun interacting on social media." Michael tells us.

"Great." Jude speaks. Not even looking at Michael. He's looking at the rain falling outside the window. Drumming his fingers on the table.

"How are you two feeling about all of this though? Have you guys managed to build a friendship?" Michael asks naively.

"No." Both Jude and I say at the same time.

"Why's that?" Michael questions and I really wish he didn't because I really don't want to go into all of it again.

"Well for one, she's unbearable to be around." He points to me.

"I'm unbearable?" I laugh in shock looking at him.

His eyes meet mine. "Yes. You."

I laugh again In disbelief. "He's the unbearable one. So rude for no reason. Sometimes I think it's impossible for him to be nice to me even for a second." I huff crossing my arms over my chest.

"I don't have to be nice to you. It's not in the contract sweetheart." He fake smiles.

"Neither is me following your every instruction!" I remind him. Snapping a little.

"I'm paying you, so in a way....you do have to." He winks.

"I have no problem ending this shit right now. See if your sorry ass can crawl your way out of these scandals by yourself!"

"I don't need you!" He says sharply. His voice raising a little.

"Oh no?" I laugh hatefully

"No!" He shouts

"Dig your own career out the ground then." I laugh in his face which only angers him more.

"Watch it!" He shouts standing to his feet. The audacity.

"Yeah? Or what?" I challenge also standing to my feet. Glaring him in the eye so harshly that he's going to have to be the first to look away for me to remove my gaze. Because my eyes are stuck to his like glue.

"Why are you like this?!" He shouts at me

"Like what?" I cross my arms over my chest

"Hard fucking work!"

"I could ask you the same question!"

He laughs shaking his head.

"I can see why you're single." He spits.

"Annoying, smart mouthed, know it all." He says to antagonise me. A smirk on his lips as he gets in my face. Trying to obviously get to me.

"I'd rather be that than a spoiled, bitter, narcissist." I retort.

Jude's jaw clenches as well as his fist. Clearly he's angry. Good. It's what he deserves.

"I can't stand you!" He looks me up and down with disgust.

"Feelings mutual." I reply with a straight face sitting back down.

"Can I fucking go?" Jude asks impatiently to Michael.

"No!" Michael speaks. Finally. He's been sat silently watching us go at each others throats for the past five minutes and he hasn't said a word.

"Sit down." He commands towards Jude and surprisingly Jude listens. Probably because Michael's voice is a little stern. Unusual for the happy go lucky guy.

"You two need to get it together. You're acting like children." He tells both of us and it feels like I'm getting told off by my dad.

"You've both agreed to this pr relationship. Signed a legal contract. So there's no jumping ship." He reminds.

"You need to find a way to get along and build some sort of friendship. There's a big charity event for the dortmund players coming up in a few weeks, where there will be interviews and press. That will be where you'll publicly confirm your relationship." Michael explains.

"You two can't be acting like this by the time the event comes around. At least get better at hiding your hatred for each other." He sighs

I glance over quickly at Jude who's eyes are fixated on his drumming fingers.

"Can I go now?" He asks. Clearly he hasn't taken in a word of what Michael has said.

Michael sighs, nodding as he gestures to the door.

Jude instantly gets up and walks out saying nothing else. I watch him leave with a huff. Turning my attention back to Michael.

"I don't know how you've dealt with him so long." I roll my eyes standing to my feet. Michael laughs a little.

"I'll try on my side at least." I shrug. As much as I hate Jude with every fibre of my being. Im a professional. And the sooner we can convince people we're the real deal, the quicker it will all be over.

"Thanks harmony." He smiles appreciatively. I smile back and then make my way out of his office, towards my car.

— love my girl harmony