022.

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
❝PROMISE RINGS.❞

— JUDE —

HARMONY TAKES forever to open the door and when she finally does I don't get a nice sweet smile I get a scowl. She's just woken up. I can tell by her messy hair. (And the cute pink pjs she's wearing).

"Goodmorning Rocky." I joke as I enter her apartment, closing the door behind me.

She gives me a deeper scowl if that's even possible.

"How's the hand?" I question looking down at her.

"Hurts." She pouts frustratedly.

"Need anything?" I ask as she walks to her couch to sit down. Naturally I follow.

"Ice?" I ask

"No."

"Ibuprofen?"

"No."

"No?" I repeat confused. She said her hand hurt. I've listed the things that stop pain. Why is she saying no?

"No." Her scowls back. Lovely.

"Food?" I thought I should start listing things that aren't logical to help her pain since she's turning down everything that can actually help her. Very harmony of her actually. Don't know why I'm surprised.

"No!" She groans frustratedly

"Flowers?"

"Flowers? Really Jude? Flowers." Her death stare is scary. She's scary.

"I don't know you like flowers. You're a flower girl or whatever it's fucking called." I shrug.

She's glaring now.

"Coffee?" I blurt out frantically. I'm trying to get her to stop glaring at me like I'm Voldemort himself.

"Yes." She instantly beams and I swear I've never been so happy to see that pretty smile of hers in my life.

"Coffee?" I ask again to clarify.

"Yes." She nods excitedly.

"Coffee. Really?"

"Yes. Really." She confirms.

"Okay?" I'm confused. I stand up walking to her kitchen to make it.

"Hot?"

"Cold." She calls out

"Iced." She adds

"With oat milk." She comments

"Coffee? Really?" I ask her again as I make it. She stands to her feet walking over to me.

"Yes Jude. Coffee." She sighs.

"Coffee stops your hand hurting?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No. Coffee stops me from killing you for waking me up. Coffee makes me smile. Coffee wakes me up so I can deal with another day of your bullshit." She retorts smartly. It's not even hostile it's more funny and witty.