Chapter 28

-Ginger-

"Ugh, do we have to go?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

Jackson is holding me in his bed. It's just after 5am which is a ridiculous hour to be awake at but Jackson's massaging hands and warm lips make it more bearable.

We didn't stay up too late but it was later than I would have preferred. Then we collapsed in a heap of exhaustion and satisfaction and fell asleep in each other's arms.

I'm not sure if splitting into two groups would make today harder or easier. I couldn't keep my hands off of Jackson and vice versa, dinner last night had been difficult enough. Maybe not being around each other would help?

Though I didn't love the idea of him being with Amelia all day. She was clearly interested in Jackson and I didn't trust her at all.

"Stop. Stop thinking so much," Jackson grumbled as he started to leave kisses all along my neck.

"Oh now I'm thinking about entirely different things," I said, goosebumps appearing on my skin.

I stretch.

"Well, I should sneak out of here and start the coffee."

"Same time tonight?" Jackson asks.

My lips curl up in a smile.

"Probably."

Jackson lifts his eyebrows in skepticism then he scoops me up in his arms and gives me a deep kiss. God he was just too much. I felt drunk and high and like I was on a roller coaster around him all at the same time.

I reluctantly got up and slipped my clothes back on.

"I'll go first, if there's someone out there, you'll hear me say hello to them," Jackson said, putting his sweats on.

"Ok."

Jackson leaves and I follow closely behind.

After a hot shower, I get ready and head out to the kitchen where the aroma of coffee fills the space.

"Good morning Ginger."

I turn around to see Callum stride into the kitchen.

"Good morning, coffee?"

"Yes, please."

Callum grabs a mug and place it on the counter in front of me while his body is close behind me. I feel awkward and shift gently from foot to foot.

"Here you go," I leave the spot and his cup and take a seat at the table where I left my itinerary for the day. Callum takes a seat beside me.

"So what does our day look like?" He asks, I can feel his eyes on me.

"Well, we are taking a shuttle to The Narrows where we'll shoot for about 3-4 hours. Then we'll break for lunch and finally end with a special video project." I say, not taking my eyes off the schedule.

"Oh?"

"Yes, we're going to do a video shoot that shows how to build a fire using an Adair Knife. We'll add a few other video projects throughout the shoot for social campaigns. Have you heard of Cooking In Nature?"

I finally look up and Callum's lips part into a wide smile as he shakes his head.

"Two guys created a social brand that shows them making incredible dishes in the wild. One of their shticks is you never see their faces. I'm going to pitch a product feature and video campaign to them in exchange for product." I say, grabbing my cup of coffee.