Chapter 1 - Dark

[Re-edited]

Sitting at the hospital canteen, the two friends were having their sandwiches with Dr. Min YN complaining to her friend Dr. Kang Nari about her stubborn mafia dad who arranged her marriage with a fuckboy from a mafia family just for the sake of some business stuffs which she wasn't much aware of.

YN - yah Nari... I don't know what has gotten even into my oppa's brain. He clearly knows that my supposed to be husband is a fuckboy who will fucking cheat me even after marriage, and you know what, I just hate my family. I don't know why appa is forcing me into this marriage by dragging my eomma's name into it saying that she is watching everything from heaven. He definitely knows my weakspot. I am out of my mind Nari and I think I should die.

NR - YN, first calm down. I understand the pressure that have been put on you to marry Do Hyunshim. I really don't understand what has gotten into your father.

YN - I can't calm down Nari-aah. These days I'm not even able to concentrate on anything and I am doing extra duties just to make myself get involved in the things which I love to do the most. All these years have been very tough for me. Many things happened to me which definitely is breaking my heart. Eventhough I appear bold enough, no one understands the storm inside my mind.

NR - leave that.. so what is your plan?

YN - ahh... (sighs) well.. I am aware that my marriage with Do Hyunshim is purely based on something related to business or mafia stuff because I know my dad. He will only do the things which is either useful or profitable to him. Even my oppa doesn't have a word in this decision. Appa is really using our weakspot too much. We both are really sensitive when it comes to our omma. I shouldn't be saying this as a daughter, but..... I really... hate him Nari. He even made my oppa silent.

Nari sighed.

YN - after marriage, appa will be the one to get some benefit. after few months, I am planning to divorce him, but I don't know if he will agree. He's such an asshole who is behind women. A bloody womanizer. I am completely helpless Nari.

NR - well, this is the first time that I am witnessing such a YN in front of me who is being helpless. Ofc I'm used to your swearing... But don't you think you're swearing too much? Well, Bring back your old self, that bold YN who kicked off 'him' from her life.

YN just smiled at her sadly and said, "don't remind me that Nari. Everything is a mess right now and its getting messier day by day. The only thing that I need to do is just keep silent and accept my fate. I just don't want to overthink anything and if that bastard try to do anything with me, then I will show him his place and he will never try to mess with me. Afterall I have earned the black belt in Taekwondo."

Nari smiled at her meanwhile YN wiped the corner of her eyes which had a tiny drop of tear.

Nari kept her hands on YN as she was trying really hard to control her tears. Nari tightened her grips and said,

NR - YN, why don't you just run away from everything?

YN just chuckled and said,

YN - Nari... don't be so stupid. You know my family right? My appa and oppa, they are the mafias and how long can I even run away from them only to get caught again. If I could run, then I would have it earlier. I know many people are even watching and guarding me now just because my family has made lots of dangerous enemies. Probably they are around me, they can be anyone in disguise. Sometimes I even doubt you. Are you a spy who was sent by my appa?

Nari looked her with 'wtf' expression.

YN simply put on a smile and said, "just kidding... argh... I just hate these mafia shits.... I always wanted to have a normal family.. but alas.. I don't think I can have that ever. Sometimes I even envy you Nari."