ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟡 ~ ℕ𝕠𝕥 ℂ𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝔼𝕟𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙?

Kana POV:

The freezing snowflakes drifiting onto my unprotected face and the squelch of the fresh snow beneath my feet added to the ice in my chest. As if it wasn't cold enough inside already.

I fled down the street, tears blurring my vision, nobody in my way. Who would come out in this weather? Only someone like me. 

From the corner of my eye, I saw someone in the distance wrapped up in a green scarf and heading my way. But I couldn't stop myself anymore. My feet were moving by themselves, taking me down the road, desperate to keep myself moving so tiredness would take over the throbbing pain in my chest. 

I sobbed, a stitch in the side of my stomach, and I clutched my side, but I didn't stop going. I didn't know how long I had ran- maybe a metre, maybe a mile. But I suddenly crashed into someone I hadn't meant to see again. 

"Kana? I was just coming over to see you and Ruby." A familair voice said as I collapsed, strong arms holding me up. "Wait, why are you crying?"

I righted myself and rubbed my eyes. In front of me stood Aqua, a thick wool grass-green scarf wrapped tightly around his neck, blue eyes wide with shock, hair tinged with wet from the snowflakes, cheeks and fingertips red from the cold. 

"What happened?" He asked gently, looking at me with worried eyes.

I couldn't help myself anymore. His deep, sparkling crystal blue eyes were enough to set me off the edge.

I collapsed into his arms again, sobbing my heart out, though I wasn't sure if I had any of it left.

As I cried, Aqua didn't say a word. He just held me tightly and brushed the strands of hair sticking to my wet cheeks once in a while and looked up at the sky, until finally my sobs dimmed. 

"Tell me what happened." He told me softly.

"I... Kwang... he..." I whispered, trying to get the words out. 

At Kwang's name, his eyes hardened, and his grip on me tensed. "Did he hurt you?"

"No, he... he cheated on me." I sobbed. "With Annie!"

The tears came again as I realised the reality of it once I said the words out loud. Aqua sighed. "Annie? The girl who you got into a fight with at high school?"

"There were many fights. She hated me," I cried. "I saw her mother on a plane. Her mother was so nice. She said Annie was getting better. But she wasn't! She did this to spite me, I just know it!"

Aqua hugged me tightly, then let go and looked into my eyes. "And Kwang? Do you blame him too?"

"I hate him! Of course I hate him!" I half-shouted, half-sobbed. 

"Then at least I know now how Akane felt when I did the same thing to her." he said quietly. 

My tears subsided when I processed what he had said. "Do you... do you really feel bad about what you did?"

"Of course." Aqua's eyes darkened. "I wish with every inch of my body that I could go back and change my actions. I didn't realise back then that what I did had consequences. I was so selfish, and I didn't realise how much pain I had caused both Akane and Frill. I dragged innocent people into my life and I wish I had never done it."

I softened in his arms and let myself melt into them. "I regret what I did too." I whispered.

I didn't care at the moment if he was an evil, lying cheater. I just needed someone to hold me. Because if I kept crying, I would freeze to death, and the warmth of Aqua was enough to melt the ice inside of me.

"It's okay.

It's going to be okay."