ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜 ~ 𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕖, 𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕖, 𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒

Kana POV:

"I- I- yes, I suppose you could say that. Ophelia sent a Twitter post asking for anyone free and it sounded fun so I-"

"Fun?" Annie spat. "Fun?! You just took my place in the biggest job of my life!"

"I'm sorry!" I immediantly apologised. "I didn't know it meant so much to you! I would never had taken the job if I knew!!!"

"This is just great," Annie muttered, to me or herself, I didn't know. "I already have enough competition with my sisters. And now you too? I won't be suprised if I get fired tommorow!"

"Sisters?" I cocked my head curiously. Beside me, Himi was listening as well.

"Anne and Anna. They're both devils, but much prettier than me, and they're like thirsty vampires when it comes to my job. While I was sick yesterday Anna wanted to take my job! Thank god Mom didn't let her."

I didn't respond, wanting to hear more. The Yamamoto household clearly wasn't as simple as I had intially thought it was.

"Anna's always acting like an angel in front of the adults, but she's the worst older sister you could ask for. She's always lying and blaming me for things I didn't do, and Mom always believes her!" Annie gritted her teeth at the thought of the unjust sibling rivarly she clearly had with Anna.

"And Anne- she's the most annoying little sister EVER. She's famous for her cuteness and she does advertisements. You could say she's a child model- famous in certain circles. Clearly her sucess in modelling has gotten to her head, because her ego couldn't be bigger!" Annie rolled her eyes.

"It sounds as if you really hate your sisters," I said gently, not wanting to add salt to the wound.

"Of course I do! If you had Anne and Anna as sisters, you would too," Annie glared ferociously at her sushi, "I hate that Anna's an evil witch and that Anne so much more sucessful than me. I hate that as the middle child I'm constantly replaceable. Now look at me! You've replaced me at my own dream."

"Model Up is your dream?"

"Of course it is! Are you dumb? I've been dreaming of it ever since I learned how to watch TV!"

"I... I'm sorry." I tried apologising again, though I was mainly just speechless. Like Ophelia, Annie talked at an angry and mind-numbing fast pace.

"Not to mention you're much prettier than me OR my sisters." Annie fumed, "I'll bet that stupid Ophelia has already offered you a job! She's just begging for more models. She clearly hates me."

"I'm sure she doesn't.. she did offer me a job, but not at the cost of firing you," I tried to explain, "She just wants a wider variety of models."

"You think?" Annie snarled. "As soon as she haves you all the jobs will be taken. I'll never get to do a shoot agan, because you're the prettier one here! And any jobs when you can't make it will be taken by Anna, because she's just begging for the job and Mina can't resist her and her pretty hair! I'll be left out and eventually fired for my uselessness. And when Machistar becomes big I'll never be in their biography!"

Annie sounded as if she hated Ophelia, Mina and Machistar in general, but I could tell that she actually cared about the company. She clearly believed that one day Machistar would become famous and she didn't want to be left out in the fame. She believed in such a tiny company and although disguised it in fury and plain jealousy, I knew she secretly hoped for Machistar's success.

It made my heart warm for her just a little bit, but not enough for it to melt.

"I'm sure that won't happen. Besides, I probably won't accept the job offer anyway," I coaxed, then immediantly turned to chat about the weather with Himi. Anything to stop talking to Annie. I would have talked to the Devil himself if it meant Annie would shut up.

Ruby POV:

Kana didn't sit with me today- I didn't know why, but at least it meant I could talk Minami in private about the bracelet.

I pulled out the chain from my pocket and Minami's cotton-candy pink eyes immediantly flicked to it. "What's that?"

"It's Arima-chan's bracelet," I whispered, "I took it from her room because I saw her hiding it and I want to know why."

Minami gasped. "That's not very nice, Ruby-chan!"

"Shh. It's okay. I'm pretty sure she did something bad to my brother anyway." Minami opened her mouth to ask what but I quickly talked over her. "Can you look at it and see if there's anything suspicious about it?"

Minami took the bracelet and looked at it intently for a few minutes. 

"There doesn't seem to be anything strange about it," Minami said slowly, "It looks like one of those cheap modelling jewerelly. I have to wear them all the time- they look like real gold from the camera but they're actually fakes. It saves money."

"Huh." I took the bracelet back and stuffed it into my pocket again. "I see."

Something was brewing in my head, but it was far too evil to be said out loud and I quickly shoved the thought away.

I hoped I could trust Kana.

Because if I couldn't, then I didn't know how B Komachi would survive.

A/N: Phew... another chapter. Lots of you are reading this really quickly!

Does anyone else frantically refresh a page on a really good Wattpad story under the hope that there might be a new chapter? Because I do!