ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟚 ~ 𝕀𝕔𝕖 𝔽𝕚𝕩𝕖𝕤 𝕚𝕥 𝔸𝕝𝕝

Kana POV:

Sometimes it's not the actual reality of it that's frightening or disguisting- it's the increasing creativity in my head that's making the situation seem much, much more. 

There was sticky lumps of rice all over my face- I could feel it squished onto my cheek, my forehead, even hiding in th crevices of my shoulders. What's worse was the lumps of deli, the juice released from the meat splashing onto my skin and hair. The apple juice in my juice box had also gone everywhere. 

In order to prevent myself from falling last-minute, I had smacked my hands onto the floor to stop from belly-flopping onto the ground, but it meant my right hand had fell straight onto the right side of my red tray, making the left side flick up and smack painfully into my face, all the while flinging food at me.

The squished-up food in my face made me think of squashed-up brains and bugs, and that just made me gross out even more. I had my eyes squeezed tightly shut, not bothering to get up, trying to process what had happened. 

And then a vivid memory came back to me- Annie's outstretched foot, my noticing but it was too late. 

Slowly, I crawled back onto my knees. But the situation was too bad. I felt incredibly helpless as I stared at the floor, covered in my lunch and juice. My face was also undoubtely another mess. 

It didn't help when the entire school started laughing.

The boys were chortling and making pig-like sounds while excitedly shouting about my 'epic fall', the girls were either giggling and mocking me or the nicer ones were shooting me sympathetic looks, and the teachers were wildly motioning for a cleaner while a the first-aid lady rushed in, took me by the arm, and led me to the first-aid room.

The lady really was a savior.

"You've had quite the fall," she said worriedly, "There's a big red mark on your face from the tray-slap. Here, wash up." She motioned to the sink, which I immediantly dashed to. If I hadn't been busy downing my face in cold water, I would have laughed at her 'tray-slap'. 

The lady had short mouse-brown hair in a liquid bob hairstyle and she had kind, caring green eyes. She wore a blue plaid dress along with a matching blue medical apron-style garment. She looked quite young- around 25 - and was currently searching the fridge for an ice-pack.

I didn't know how much running water I had spent trying to get rid of every single grain of rice on my face. My hair had stains of pork and apple juice, and I couldn't really do much except for splash it, without a proper hair-washing basin. 

Finally, when I deemed myself presentable, I turned off the tap and turned to face the first-aid lady, who already had a stack of ice-packs, soft cotton, and some kind of oil.

"Oh, darling! Much better." I quickly reconised the lady's badge- Miss Yura. "Here, hold an ice-pack to that bruise while I prepare the oil."

She handed me a freezing-cold ice-pack, and when I turned back to the mirror, I realised I had a big red bruise on the left side of my face from my tray. It hurt more now that I had stopped splashing cold water on myself, and was way noticeable.

I held the ice-pack to my face and sighed in relief from the cold relief the pack gave me.

"Okay, let me treat that bruise before it becomes pernament!" Miss Yura smiled, dabbing a cotton ball with the oil. I put down the ice and she began gently patting the red part of my skin with the coton. "This oil is supposed to reduce pain and make bruises heal faster."

The description was right. The cotton, dripping with smooth oil, felt minty and cool against my burning skin. 

"There! All done!" Miss Yura smiled. "Now, if you like, you can come up here every day for the next week for some treatment to make sure that bruise heals quick!"

"Thank you," I said gratifyingly. 

"It's my pleasure, darling!" Miss Yura trilled, then glanced at my dress. "Oh, dear, that dress looks awfully small on you. A bit tattered too really. Would you like to borrow a uniform from the clothes cabinet? We have some spares that might be your size."

"It's alright. I'm okay." I smiled. I didn't want Ruby to think I was ungrateful for her help. "Thanks again, Miss Yura. I'll be off now!"

"You know my name?" Miss Yura brightened some more- though it didn't really see possible. "What a kind girl you are! Well, I'll see you tommorow!"

"Bye!"

I slipped out of the first-aid room and as I walked down the hall, noticed all the students shooting me glances or giggling when I passed by. Their behaviour brought a fresh red to my cheeks, this time not from a wound. 

I rushed back to the cafeteria as quickly as I could, trying to find Ruby. 

But of course I had to see Annie first.

And I couldn't describe the fury that boiled, dashing through my veins and making my blood burn. 

"Smugness doesn't suit you, Annie," I snapped, "So wipe that smirk off your face. Actually, most nothing suits you- except maybe jealousy."

Her grin slid off her (not) pretty face. 

A/N: I am so, so sorry it took me so long to update! I just have not been feeling very motivated recently, and am busy with upcoming classes. Thank you to anyone who is still following this book!