ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟡 ~ ℙ𝕒𝕪𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜

Akane POV:

Despite Kana's warning last time I posted live-time pictures with Aqua at the ice-cream shop, I did it again at the park. Maybe just to spite her, but I got a sick sense of satisfication after it. 

I was lying on the soft dewy grass at Central Park, with families playing frisbee and friends having picnics. But I was alone. The week had been stressful, and I needed some time to relax and rewind for the big upcoming projects. 

I captioned a photo of me at Central Park and posted it on Twitter. Then, I chucked my phone into my bag and sat back, staring up at the sky.

It was so blue today, signalling a nice day. Yesterday I had worried it was going to be rainy and I would be stuck reclusing in my stuffy apartment again, but it seemed that was for nothing. Cotton snow-white clouds dotted the sky- cumulus clouds, my favourite kind- and there wasn't a lot of people at the park today. All I could hear was the soft murmur of chatter, the melodic ring of children's laughter, bird's songs and duck's occasional quacks. 

I closed my eyes, letting my muscles relax for the first time in a while. To completely tense-off felt like sinking into soft feathery pillows or maybe an ultra-delicate Victorian sponge cake. 

Suddenly, my peace was disrupted by a yell. 

"Akane-chan!!"

My head jolted up and I sprang into a sitting position, swerving my head, trying to find the source of the call. My eyes locked with MEM-cho, whom was hurridely sprinting at full speed towards me. I was half-petrified she was going to crash straight into me. 

"MEM-chan!" I scrambled up. "What's wrong?!"

"Akane-chan," MEM-cho gasped, a dead-serious expression on her face, "Listen to me. Aqua's not your lover, or your friend, or anyone. He shouldn't be anyone to you. Please don't tell me you have real feelings for him."

"I... what?!" I blinked, confusion clouding my head. What was MEM going on about? 

"Aqua is the temporary director of B Komachi right now, and he refused my proposal for a solo when Ruby and Kana already have one!" MEM-cho ranted furiously. "He was unnesscarly mean about it. Which is why I'll let slip some of his secrets."

"His... secrets? Huh?" I tried to wrap my head around MEM-chan's words. So... she and Aqua had a fight about a solo song? 

"Listen to me very carefully, Akane Kurokawa." MEM-cho siezed me by my shoulders. I jolted back, shocked and confused. But MEM-cho didn't let go. If anything, she dug her fingers into my shoulders and stared at me with dark eyes. 

"Never, ever forget these words." MEM's fingers dug even deeper, sending a stab of pain to me. "Aqua Hoshino is cheating on you."

MEM-cho POV:

As soon as I uttered those words, I immediantly released Akane and took a step back, allowing her space to process the truth. 

"Cheating.... huh." Akane smiled weakly. "No. That can't be right. Aqua wouldn't cheat on me."

I laughed bitterly. "So that's what he's lead you to believe. I'm sorry, Akane-chan, but it's true. He's cheating on you for Frill."

"Frill Shiranui?"

"That's right. Kana found out and told me. Out of fury, I told you." I sighed. "Aqua's not a trustworthy, good or honest person. I'm sorry he had you tricked for so long."

Akane took a step back, looking shattered. "Wait, you can't prove that..."

My gaze hardened. "Go ask Kana. Or even Ruby. You'd probably also be able to tell with Frill, too. You could check school CCTV cameras. You could do anything to investigate and there would only be one result- the truth."

"No..." Akane's pretty blue eyes teared up and she grabbed her bag, clutching it to her chest. "I trusted him!"

"I'm sorry," I replied gently. But Akane just stared at me with pained eyes and then fled, tearing off towards the exit.

I stared after her, knowing what was to come.

And also knowing that he deserved it.

A/N: Hands up if you came here for Aquakana but instead discovered this dramatic, Aqua-hating book? I'm sorry. 

There will be more aqua x kana soon. SOON! I promise.