ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟠 ~ 𝔽𝕣𝕚𝕝𝕝 & 𝔸𝕜𝕒𝕟𝕖, 𝕋𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕕

Frill POV:

I wasn't stupid.

I may have been an airhead or queer, but I wasn't stupid.

I knew fully well that Aqua was already dating Akane. Their relationship was public. Everyone knew about it. 

So why was I dating Aqua?

He was cheating on Akane for me. 

The idea was wrong- cheating was disguisting and horrifying and terrible- but when I said 'he's cheating on Akane for me' the words that I emphasized in my head were 'for me'. 

It made me feel so very wanted and treasured and special- that someone would betray their loved one for me. Because I mattered so much to that one person

It felt like an ex hugging me- I ought to push them away, but I couldn't because his arms felt so warm and deceptively safe.

Akane POV:

I scrolled through Twitter, my eyes glued to the screen.

I knew I should switch it off- this was what had ignited the last dark period in my life before- but I couldn't.

Because of that nasty rumour.

I had a good childhood friend named Oliver. A few days ago, we had met up at a cafe to catch up. We had a great time, and we met up again yesterday at the shopping centre.

He wasn't part of the entertainment industry, so only I had to disguise myself- I didn't have time to properly do a makeup and wig (I didn't usually go out anyways) so I just stuffed my hair into a cap and wore a casual outfit, then did some dark makeup I wouldn't usually wear.

I had thought that was enough, but it seems it wasn't, because this morning I woke up to millions of Twitter posts about me and Oliver.

There were posts. Just like before.

'Is the famous AKANE KUROKAWA cheating on her boyfriend, AQUA HOSHINO?'

'Akane Kurokawa spotted with AN UNKNOWN MALE. Is something suspicious going on here?'

'AQUA HOSHINO BETRAYED BY HIS PUBLIC GIRLFRIEND, KUROKAWA.'

'UNFAITHFUL Kurokawa photos LEAKED.'

I felt sick to the stomach.

Because it wasn't true.

I wasn't cheating on Aqua- definetly not. Oliver was just a friend to me- I had no intention of being unfaithful.

I didn't know who had caught me and Oliver- but in the photos, there was a single lock of my blue hair sticking out of the cap, and some of my makeup was washed off from the water I spilt on myself. They must have reconigsed me. Creepy.

These posts were certainly going to worm their way to Aqua, and he would be devasated. He would feel betrayed and hurt and angry. When people posted things like this, no doubt his first thought would be to believe them.

I had to call Aqua.

Frantically, I dialed his number.

"Aqua? Hello?"

"Oh, hi, Akane."

"I- I'm sure you saw those posts about me."

"What posts? Oh... those."

"I just wanted to let you know I didn't cheat on you at all! That guy was just my childhood friend and-" I shouted passionately into the phone.

"I know, Akane. I never believed them."

"Oh." I sagged against the wall in relief. 

"I trust you, Akane," Aqua's voice crackled in the speaker. He sounded strangely monotone and spoke with something straining his voice- but I didn't know what. 

"Oh... thank you." I sighed. "Well, I just wanted you to know that. I'm sorry for bothering you."

"No, no. Should we meet up again sometime and post some public pictures to clear the confusion?"

"Yes... yes. I'll ask my manager for advice."

"Great. I'll talk to you later."

"Yes. Goodbye." 

I hung up and almost cried with relief. Aqua hadn't believed the posts! 

But... something strange had been in his voice. 

I flopped back onto my bed, wishing I actually knew Aqua better.

Because he was so strange and mysterious, sometimes I felt as if I barely knew him at all.

A/N: Guys..... 50 followers !!! TYSM!!