ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜 ~ ℂ𝕠𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕖 𝔻𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕤

Author POV:

The blue-haired girl sitting by the window with a cup of hot coffee in her hands wore a baseball cap so no-one would reconise her.

No-one but Aqua.

Actors, idols, models and any member of the entertainment industry with a famous name often disguised themselves in public, especially when meeting up with people, so nobody would get the wrong idea.

When Aqua entered the coffee shop, the bell attached to the door tinkling, nobody reconised him, of course. He wasn't a particulary well-known actor, but Akane knew from watching his performance in 'Sweet Today' that he wasn't a bad actor, just wasn't quite dedicated to it.

"Aqua." Akane raised a hand from her table and he strolled over to it.

"Akane." He sat down on the seat oppisote her. 

"How's your day been?" Akane strained a smile. She was desperate to get to the point, but still remained polite.

"It's been alright," Aqua's face remained compassive. "What did you want to talk about?"

Akane gripped the mug of coffee tighter. She realised she wasn't quite prepared for this.

The blue-haired girl wore a pastel yellow summer dress and a white cardigan. Her eyes sparkled with determination as she remembered the advice Aqua had once given her.

'It'll be easier if you act.'

So Akane put on an act and chanelled some other person's charisma and confidence into her words.

"Well, as you know, it's already been a few months since we began, er, dating for Love Now," Akane smiled, trying not to falter, "So now I'd like to discuss our next step."

"Right." Aqua stirred the coffee in his cup with his spoon.

"Oh, uh... sorry, I didn't know your usual coffee order," Akane blushed. She should have let Aqua order himself, but she didn't want to make him pay for it.

"It's alright." Aqua's face didn't potray any emotion. Akane sighed.

"It's just.... I know you don't actually like me. This is just for work, isn't it? I mean, I know you already confirmed it, but I just..."

Aqua frowned.

Aqua's POV:

It would be all so easy to just tell her it was over, it was done, it was for work, like I had told countless others.

But I couldn't. I had to hold onto her. She was from La la Lai and Ai's boyfriend was potentially there. She could provide useful information and gain me contacts. 

I just had to make her think this was real.

"No, Akane..." I chanelled my acting. Looked down at my coffee cup to make myself look embarrased at a point. "Over time, I've begun to realise... maybe I don't feel as if this is just for work."

Akane didn't gasp, to be polite, but she sure looked shocked. She blushed furiously and began playing with her coffee spoon just as I had.

"Maybe you feel the same way?" I tried to channel a blush to make it more believable. My usual emotionless face did me some good here. Akane probably thought I wasn't capable of blushing.

"Oh ! Well, I- I.... I don't mind dating for real," Akane's act immediantly faltered. "I mean... if you're sure..."

"I'm sure." I reached over and took her hand, plastering a warm smile on my face that almost felt real.

Mission complete.

Ruby POV:

When Aqua came home tonight, he looked cheerier than usual.

"Hey, Aqua," I turned to him from where MEM-cho, Kana and I were taking a break from practicing. "What's up? How come you look so happy?"

Kana looked up from where she was twisting open her water bottle.

"It's nothing." 

"By the way, how come you haven't broken up with that Akane girl yet?" I asked. I didn't hate Akane but she was a little strange. "I thought it was just for work."

"It's different now." Aqua replied, turning to go.

"Woah, woah." I grabbed his arm, my eyes widening. "Are you two dating for real?"

Aqua didn't answer.

Behind me, Kana choked on her water.

"Heyy, this'll be big news for the media!" MEM-cho teased. "So you guys are official, huh? Love Now really did some magic."

Aqua shot a glance at MEM-cho, then at Kana, who was looking dead inside, and then left silently.

"Is he always that cold?" MEM-cho whispered to me.

"Yeah." I said back, my eyes caculating.

Who was this Akane girl?

Kana POV:

Aqua was dating Akane.

For real.

Not just for work. Not just for Love Now. I should have know better. It was so obvious. He'd only kiss her if he liked her.

I've been so, so stupid.

I suddenly had the furious urge to slap him. Really hard.

And as I set my water bottle on the floor with a thump, Ruby and MEM-cho seemed to notice something was up with me.

"Hey, Kana, you right?" MEM-cho asked, looking worried.

"You seem tense." Ruby frowned.

"I'm fine," I seethed, not wanting to talk about it, "Let's just get on with it already."

I didn't get to sleep that night.

A/N: Is it just me or I can't find any Kana x Aqua fanfictinos, like, at all? Need some inspo guys >_<