ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟘 ~ 𝕊𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕠𝕝

Ruby POV:

Today was the day I finally saw the new girl.

There had been rumours that there was a new girl in another class, but today she had been transferred.

"Good morning, everyone. Today, we have a new student joining us." the teacher said.

A girl my age, with long, dead-straight black hair, cat-eyes and a neither unattractive nor attractive face entered the classroom. 

"Would you like to introduce yourself?"

"Hello everyone." The girl bowed. "I'm Annie  Yamamato. I'm a model with the company Machistar. I look forward to joining you."

Whispers immediantly spread.

"Model? How could she be a model?"

"I've never heard of Machistar before. Not even on Twitter. And that's saying something!"

"Look at her hair. It's just like Frill-chan's. Maybe she's trying to copy Frill-chan so she'll get attention."

I wondered if Annie could hear the nasty things being said about her.

She was joining the class mid-term, so she probably didn't have many friends. More enemies than allies. Though, I couldn't be sure- why had she come here?

"Miss Yamamoto here, as you might already know, was a part of a different class, but has recently transferred to our class for personal reasons."

Personal reasons?

"She just transferred to our school in general a few weeks ago, so please be kind to her. I hope you'll all make an effort to become friends. Miss Yamamato, there's an extra seat there." the teacher pointed at an empty chair in the back row.

"Actually, could I please sit behind Arima-chan?" Annie smiled. "I know her from work, and it would be very comforting to sit near someone I know."

"Oh. Well, I suppose that's fine. Riyona-san, could you please move to the back, then, please?" 

The original boy in the seat Annie was requesting moved his things while grumbling.

Annie took the seat cheerfully, setting her things down.

Meanwhile, Kana looked as pale as a ghost.

Kana POV:

It couldn't be. Not Annie!

I had met her yesterday, and she was furious with me. But now she had transferred to my class! And requested to be seated behind me! What!

I tried to stop thinking about it as I focused on the lesson, but halfway through reading an English passage, I felt a sharp, painful tug at the back of my skirt.

"Jack ran up the hill, hoping to find Jill. But-" I stopped abruptly, feeling the front of my skirt riding up. I tried not to look down and pretend I hadn't noticed it, and kept reading. "But Jill was nowhere to be seen. Jack's disappointment was showing on his face-" Now I properly felt the front ride up. Too high.

I must have paused for a second too long because the teacher frowned and said, "Miss Arima, is there a problem?"

Meanwhile, the boys began snickering and pointing while the girls whispered.

"No, Sensei." I shook my head, both to make my statement clear and to clear my head, then kept reading from the textbook in my hands. "Jack's disappointment was showing on his face, his frown revealed to everyone. But nobody saw except for Jill, whom was hiding behind a bush."