ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟞 ~ 𝔾𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕

Author POV:

"Annie..." Kana's eyes glazed over. "That seems like such a long time ago."

"She was that bully," Ruby realised. "The one that ruined your uniform that one day and ingnited that food fight."

MEM didn't know what they were talking about, but she sure knew she wanted to be part of a food fight. 

"I'm sorry? Did you know Annie?" Lola asked curiously. "Did you say 'bully'?"

"Well.... you see, I took a job for her when she was sick that one time," Kana said carefully. "She hated me for it ever since. She did some... questionable things to me at school. But it's all in the past now."

"Oh! Goodness!" Lola clapped a hand to her mouth, looking horrified. "I had no idea it was like that. I apologise deeply for my daughter's actions, whatever they may be."

"It's all fine," Kana assured her, "I do hope she's fixed up some of her ways, though."

"Yes." Lola smiled. "I noticed she and her sisters weren't getting along well, so I sent Anna, the oldest, away to a boarding school as soon as I could. Ever since, Anne and Annie have been doing fine. They bond over their love of you three!"

"Boarding school..." Ruby sighed. "That reminds me of Aqua."

"Don't worry," MEM patted Ruby on the back. "He's due to video call tonight."

Next week....

"Our sign is B!" Kana shouted into the microphone. She, Ruby and MEM finished up their dance and held the pose, smiling for the camera, sweat dripping off their foreheads.

They were at New York City, performing for their American fans. As before at Paris, there was a huge crowd and countless screaming people. 

As they held the pose, Kana scanned the crowd. There was Miyako in the corner as always... one of her old high school friends.... and...?

Someone in the crowd was doing a strange dance with their three lightsticks. It consisted of random waving and passionate arm movements that would probably have made her arms sore if she ever tried to do it.

Suddenly, a familair flashback of her first time onstage as B Komachi came back to her. The small audience, the exact same dance with the exact three lighsticks... Aqua?

Kana glanced at MEM-cho and Ruby. They, too, were looking shocked to see Aqua in the audience. 

"I mean, we are in America," Ruby whispered to the shellshocked Kana, "He could be here doing studies. Or an expedition. I didn't think he would be watching us, though..."

"He's probably here for you," Kana contemplated. 

"But he's waving all three lightsticks," Ruby whispered back. "If it were just me, he would only be doing that ridiculous dance with the red one."

"He's just doing it to be nice," Kana replied, but as they performed their next song, she couldn't shake the uneasy feeling at the back of her head. 

After performance

Kana POV:

"That was a tough one," MEM sighed, wiping the sweat off her brow with a wet cloth, "As usual, those fans hurt my ears. Badly."

"We'll all have horrible hearing when we're old," Ruby joked, changing into a blue sweater and jeans. 

"I'm gonna go get my clothes too," I said, hurrying to my dressing room. 

I grabbed my black slip-on dress and threw it on, putting a warm gray knitted sweater over it. Just as I finished tying my hair up and cleaning my face and was about to leave, I noticed something unfamilair on my dresser. 

It was a beautiful bouquet of blood-red roses. 

I picked it up and examined it. Fans sending flowers after a show was pretty common, but they were usually directed to send them straight to Strawberry Productions to be passed on. Nobody except the staff knew where my dressing room was.

I found a small white card tucked into the blooms and picked it out gently, careful not to ruin the arrangement of the flowers. The card read,

Dear Kana,

I watched you perform today. You were amazing. 

Might you have some time in your schedule to meet me at the French cafe near the shopping centre at 8 tommorow?

Aqua

I bit my lip, tempted to resist. 

But of course I couldn't. 

Ruby POV:

"I'm going to go wash my face," I told MEM. 

"I'd better do the same," she replied, and we hurried off to our dressing rooms. 

 I was about to bolt to the sink to get rid of the greasy oil in my hair and makeup, but suddenly noticed a pretty arrangement of daises in a bouquet sitting near my mirror. 

I picked it up and saw a card signed with, Aqua. 

I smiled. He was so thoughtful sometimes. I put my nose to the fresh flowers and inhaled the light, clean scent of the daises. 

I promised myself I would take extra care to thank him tonight.

MEM POV:

"God, I hate this mascara," I muttered, scrubbing at my eyelashes, "It never washes off, no matter how much makeup-remover I dump on it."

Finally giving up, I wiped my face with a towel (all the while staining it with black mascara) and changed into an oversized yellow sweater with a nice funky smiley face printed on it. Just then I noticed some white flowers with yellow centres that matched my sweater and I picked the bouquet up. It took me quite a few seconds to realise it hadn't been here before. 

I dug into the flowers and came up with a crisp white card with Aqua's name signed on it. 

I didn't get why he would send me flowers, but at least it might somewhat explain why he came to see B Komachi today. 

A/N: Everyone is rooting for Aqua and Kana, so I just have a quick question- would you rather they never get together and live peaceful lives apart, or have Kana date a man who, is, let's admit it, extremely dodgy?

Nevermind, I already know what your answer is going to be. Hardcore Kana x Aqua fans 🙄