ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠 ~ 𝕃𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕋𝕣𝕦𝕥𝕙

Kana POV:

For the next few weeks, I completely ignored Aqua.

Whether it was at school or at the house, I gave the complete cold-shoulder to him. Aqua didn't try to initiate conversation with me, but he always looked at me whenever I entered the same room as him. Of course, I would always walk straight back out.

It made me feel strangely powerful to be giving someone the silent treatment. It felt like all the power was in my hands. 

I didn't say a thing about Aqua, Frill and Akane to anyone at school, and it was obvious Frill and Aqua were keeping it under wraps. However, from the way they interacted to the intimate looks they kept giving each other, I knew they were probably in a real relationship by now.

Frill seemed to friendlier to me now, like Aqua had asked her to be. I didn't especially want to have anything to do with her, but I had to be polite, for my own reputation's sake. I didn't want people to think I was a horrible meanie like Aqua, did I?

Ruby was still talking to me, but I felt it was more strained and she was more suspicious of me than before. I often wished MEM-cho was at class instead of Ruby.

Me and MEM-cho had grown closer than ever throughout this period where I only had her who truly believed me. We found joy in things that I would usually never do like going out shopping or hanging out at a cafe.

I noticed Ruby often felt left out when me and MEM-cho went out together, but she was quick to hide it and scurry off somewhere with Aqua.

One day when me and MEM-cho were out at a shopping centre in a clothing store, MEM-cho turned to me while we were browsing through dresses and said, "Do you want to make up with Ruby?"

"There's not really anything to make up," I replied gruffly, "She still talks to me. It's just not bestie-group-smoochy-bears anymore."

"Oh, come on," MEM-cho playfully shoved me, "You know what I mean. She's not coming with us to places anymore and we don't have much chemistry as an idol group anymore."

"That's true," I sighed. B Komachi's whole vibe had become dark and forced recently. I was glad we didn't have any upcoming performances.

"I don't know what to do. She doesn't believe me and I don't want to apologise when I didn't even do anything wrong," I muttered bitterly.

"You don't have to apologise," MEM-cho grinned. "You know the carrot hoodie me and Ruby bought for you a while back? You could wear it tommorow and it would be so sentimental! It would symbolise our friendship with Ruby!"

"Oh, I don't know," I said skeptically, "Maybe you could wear it."

"But she bought it for you," MEM-cho pushed, "It would be a really nice gesture!"

"Oh, fine. But only because you wanted me to."

The next day:

I woke up sleepily. It was a Sunday, so I could sleep in.

But beside me Ruby was already up and I could hear her brushing her teeth. It would be the perfect moment when she would step out of the bathroom and see me wearing the hoodie.

So I quickly skid into the other bathroom and brushed my hair, teeth and washed my face, then slid back into the bedroom and put on the hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. As I sat on the bed on my phone, checking the media while waiting for Ruby, I stumbled upon something strange.

The Twitter post was from a popular news channel and it was linked to their newest YouTube video. The thumbnail was the headline: 'AKANE KUROKAWA, FAMOUS ACTRESS SPOTTED WITH ANOTHER YOUNG MAN. LOVE OR LIE?'

I quickly clicked on the video and watched it.

The news lady, wearing a unflattering red dress and bright red lipstick, read out her script into the microphone with confidence.

"Akane Kurowkawa is one of the most popular actresses right now, with her participance in the dating show 'Love Now' and her suicide attempt. She is called a genius with her amazing acting skills and is currently with the famous company, LaLa Lai. However, is this girl too good to be true?

We have a young man here who claims he has spotted the well-known Kurokawa with a young man in the city, and that they had kissed. Of course it's widely known that Kurokawa is dating Hoshino Aqua, an actor from Love Now, and they had recently made their relationship official. 

However, is Kurokawa cheating on Hoshino? Nobody knows for sure, but this man believes the suspicions. He says Kurokawa is clearly getting bloated on her sucess and getting reckless. Even if this sight is not true, Kurokawa clearly has some explaining to do.

Hoshino x Kurokawa fans are currently in a frenzy, and haters are piling on Kurokawa more than ever, even before her dark suicide period during the time she was in Love Now. The man she was with has not been specificed, but the witness here believes he had black hair and green eyes, with a tall build and wearing a white shirt. 

If you ever reconise a man of that description, please report it to O.U.R news immediantly. We will handle the information professionally and ensure you this incident is recovered.

For now, us public can only have faith in Kurokawa that she did not commit such a crime as cheating. I'm sure everyone knows Hoshino would be heartbroken to discover this and Kurokawa would be stripped of her title in the media and entertainment industry if she was exposed and caught with proof.

Now, moving on to the recent volcano eruption in Osaka...."

I paused the video and rewinded it, rewatching it multiple times before finally taking it in.

Akane was caught cheating.

Unless, of course, the man was lying just to get attention and money, which I told myself was a very possible situation, but as I relogged onto Twitter and searched 'Akane' all that came up were tweets about her possible cheating on Aqua.

I didn't know if the media was lying or not, but if it was true, then I would ensure everything- the lies and the truth- between Akane and Aqua would come crashing down.

A/N: Sorry for not updating in a while! See, I'm currently  working on a novel of my own (which I won't be publishing) so I may be a little busy in the coming months (or years, who knows!). Hope you're all enjoying the story so far!