ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟛 ~ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝔹𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕠𝕟

Kana POV:

Slowly, I threw on the carrot hoodie Ruby and MEM-cho had bought for me. The three of us had become closer then ever without Aqua's intervetion, and I could safely say B Komachi would never listen to Aqua again. 

I matched some baggy jeans and white sneakers with the hoodie, which really was quite cute now that I thought about it. I tied my hair up in a ponytail (it was now past my shoulders- I needed to go to the hairdresser) and went downstairs for a quick breakfast. 

It was a Saturday, and unfortunately I didn't have any jobs. I decided to go to the shopping centre. I needed to get a new jacket (my gray one had disappeared) and buy a gift for Ruby and MEM-cho too. 

Aqua was pouring himself a bowl of cereal at the island bench. He nudged the box of Weetbix at me, but I ignored him and just got a cup of yogurt instead. 

I scarfed down the blueberry yogurt and dropped the plastic cup in the bin, immediantly picking up my purse and heading out the door. These days, I always made for a quick breakfast. Breakfast meant time in Aqua's presence, and it was the few moments in the day when I wouldn't be able to escape him. 

I locked the door behind me and walked to the bus stop. It was an overcast day today, not nearly as nice as the day of Akane's death. 

Her sucessful suicide attempt kept coming back to my head. It only made my fury to Aqua burn brighter and higher. 

As I clambered off the bus, tapping my card on the system, I slipped on the wet steps and fell forwards. 

My hands outstretched, I knew with dread that I was going to fall face-flat on the floor and make a huge embarrasment out of myself. But suddenly, I felt myself bounce back just before my palms met the hard concrete. 

I immediantly regained my footing and looked up to see who had rescued me. 

"Thank-," I stopped when I processed familair blue eyes and golden hair. My gaze darkened and I yanked my arm out of his grip. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm going to the shopping centre to pick up something." He replied coolly, but his gaze held something I couldn't describe. "What about you?"

Oh God. We were going to the same place. I would have to put off the shopping trip for tommorow. "Library." I lied. 

"The library is the oppisote direction, though." His poker face didn't flinch, but his eyes sank into confusion and disappointment, as if he already knew I was lying to him. Well. I guess liars can also tell lies and truth apart. Must be a genetic skill. 

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes and stepped back, putting more distance between us. "I'm wasting my time." I spun around on my heel and started walking, but he grabbed my hand. 

My default reaction was to spin around and glare. "Let go."

"Wait, Kana-"

"Didn't realise you were on a first-name basis with me," I spat. "Hoshino?" 

His grip faltered and his eyes held pools of disappointment. "Don't call me that."

"So what should I call you?" I seethed. "What you really are? I'm sure you wouldn't like that."

"I just want to apologise." He made a move to come closer to me, but I stepped back again, gritting my teeth. Somehow, it hurt to move away from him, but I had to. For Akane. 

"Don't apologise to me. Apologise to Akane!" I shouted. "Oh, except, she's not here anymore, is she? You don't feel bad at all? What is wrong with you?!"

I searched his eyes for any sign of guilt or sadness, but all I could see was an empty, dark void. 

"Just let me go," I spun around so he wouldn't see the tears sprouting in my eyes. "This is harrasment. Leave me alone." 

I walked off quickly, refusing to wipe my eyes until I was a good two blocks away from him. 

I didn't know why I was so upset. He was the villian, a horrible person, so why should I be upset that we were slowly drifting apart? 

The heart of me knew. It was like there was some magnetic force driving me to wish this had never happened, that were just like before, with me always teasing him and his deadpan reactions. It had all been so easy. So light. 

But of course things could never go back to how they were before now. 

Someone's death was in his hands. And he didn't feel a scrap of remorse for it. How could the same man whom just months ago been happily chatting to his girlfriend now be responsible for the death of her? 

And how could I still care for this man? 

It was unacceptable. Disguisting. I just needed to forget about him. Just scrap him from his existence in my life. I would be able to move on easily once I got to university. I would make my best effort to go to a different university from him and move out as soon as I had enough money. B Komachi could meet up at my house instead. 

Then, I wouldn't have anything to do with him anymore. 

I would find someone else and he would too, if he could ever move on from Akane, which he sure as hell could. 

The tears that were falling onto the cold concrete streets now were for nothing. Think about that. But I couldn't. All I could think about was the hard, cold, unfamilair way I now adressed him, the hatred I forced myself to hold in my gaze when I looked at him. 

And I couldn't help but wish there was a restart button. Because if there was, I would slap my hand on it without a silver of doubt. 

A/N: Rest in peace Akane. I know. I know. You guys are so mad at me for killing her. It actually wasn't originally in the plan, but y'know, an author's got to improvise :)