ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟝 ~ 𝕋𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤

Kana POV:

When I got home today, I immediantly received a phone call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I said flatly, expecting it to be a scammer.

"Hello, dear," the voice on the other end crackled and I immediantly reconsied it as Ophelia's. "Wait- please don't hang up. I just need to talk to you about something."

I sighed, but didn't hang up. 

"Dear Annie is back, and she's insisting we redo your shoot and replace it with hers. She wants to submit her photos for the competition. I was against the idea- after so much you did for us! Shooting with us for free! -but Mina was fine with it. In fact, she wanted to do it! But I wanted to ask you about it first." Ophelia's voice was fast again, but not in a cheery way- in a panicked, stressed way.

"Well. I'm okay with that," I shrugged, "I didn't actually think I was going to be featured in a comp anyways."

"But, darling... would you like to be in it?" Ophelia asked. "Jacob insisted that we use your shoot, and I agreed,  but Annie and Mina wouldn't give in. Still, if you say you want to use your photos, then there's nothing they can do." Her tone sounded almost pleading. 

"You can use them if you want, but I'm also fine if Annie wants to use hers," I said. "Though... it might be nice if you would use mine. You see, I've never done modelling before and if I do become a finalist... it could be helpful for my profile." I didn't actually have hopes for the competition, but at least I would have a chance. 

"Oh, darling. Of course! Thank you." Ophelia was about to hang up when I quickly talked over her.

"Actually, I accidentally forgot to take off a bracelet yesterday, so could I come over and drop it off?" I asked hastily. 

"Certainly! Though, I might warn you, Annie is here right now, and she's not very happy...." Ophelia trailed off as the angry voices in the background became louder.

"It's alright. I'll come and go." I said, then after exchanging goodbyes, hung up.

I hurried up to my room to retrieve the bracelet, but when I opened the drawer to find it empty, I was horrified.

Someone must have stolen it.

I frantically looked in every drawer and searched in every crevice of my room, but to no avail. If I turned up without a bracelet, admitting I lost it, then I would certainly be charged with crime! They wouldn't believe me. I would get arrested and fined!

I had to find the bracelet. 

But with only a glance at my watch I knew there wasn't enough time.

I quickly called Ophelia back. "Hello?"

"Oh, hi again, dear."

"I'm really, really, sorry, but I can't go over today," I said hurriedly. "My... friend got hurt and I have to rush to hospital. I'll go on another day. I'm sorry for the confusion!"

"Oh, darling, of course it's fine. I hope your friend's okay!"

"Thank you... I'll be off now." I hung up and breathed a sigh in relief.

But that didn't last for long when I spun around and saw Ruby staring at me, wide-eyed.

A/N: I'll play a little game with you- who can guess roughly how many pages of my novel I've written so far? Whoever's guess is the closest gets a shout-out 😉