ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡 ~ ℝ𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕒𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕋𝕣𝕦𝕥𝕙

Author POV:

As Kana clutched her phone panicking, Ruby stepped out of the bathroom, wearing a pink rabbit T-shirt and cropped jeans. Her face was just slightly wet and her hair wasn't in her usual ponytail yet.

Kana didn't even realise Ruby had came out as she flipped frantically through her phone, muttering. She didn't look up until Ruby finally stopped staring and spoke.

"Kana-chan... what are you wearing?" Ruby asked.

"Huuh?!" Kana's head shot up, then back down again at her outfit, blushing. She had already forgotten she was wearing the hoodie. "What! It's just the hoodie you got me! It wasn't my idea, mind you! It was MEM-cho!!"

Ruby giggled. The first time she'd laughed since the confrontment. "Oh, Kana-chan. That's so sweet!" She enveloped Kana in a big hug as her mood immediantly brightened, all forgiven. "I had a talk with Aqua. He convinced me you were lying but maybe it wasn't your fault, maybe it was someone impersonating Aqua."

Kana smiled as she hugged Ruby back but deep down she knew it wasn't a impersonator.

MEM-cho POV:

I almost gasped out in delight as I peeked inside the bedroom and saw Ruby and Kana hugging. Finally, it was over! I sagged against the wall in relief, but Aqua happened to pass by.

"MEM-cho, what are you doing?" He asked coolly, with that 24/7 poker face. It annoyed the hell out of me.

"Oh, nothing. You wouldn't get it. This whole thing was your fault in the first place," I jabbed a finger at the wall, "Ruby and Kana weren't talking for ages just because of your lie!"

"It wasn't a lie," Aqua said quietly. 

"Well, I think you're more prone to lying than Kana-chan will ever be!" MEM-cho glared, trying to look down at him, but since she was sitting he was much taller. 

Aqua left without another word.

Aqua POV:

I slowly walked back to the kitchen, MEM-cho's words lingering in my head. You're more prone to lying than Kana-chan will ever be. It was true.

I was a liar, just like Mom.

Even though Kana might not be perfect, she might have an aggravating personality and a failed career, but at least she was truthful. 

I was never going to be a truthful person.

My life had already ended. This was the second chance at revenge God had given me. I couldn't throw it away by living another perfect life. I was going to make the person who's sins had ended in Ai's death pay. 

It didn't matter how many lies I would tell, how many people I would hurt, how many hearts I would break. All that mattered to me was finding him.

And if I was going to go to hell for it, so be it. 

Ruby POV:

I chatted away to Kana as we made our way to the kitchen for breakfast. I had been storing up so much to tell her, and I was so excited to have my best friend back again.

"And then she said to me-" I was in the middle of telling Kana a rumour about a girl at school when she suddenly froze.

I looked up and realised Aqua was also in the kitchen, making toast.

"Oh! Good morning, Aqua!" I smiled as I made my way to the fridge. "Is there any more toast?"

"There's some at the back of the fridge," he answered without looking at me, clearly upset that I was talking to Kana again, but I didn't think much of it.

Behind me, Kana stood frozen to the spot, her face dark and impassive as she walked up to the fruit basket, taking a green apple. 

"I'm going to make some butter toast. Do you want some?" I asked Kana as I took out the bag of bread.

"No, thanks," Kana said as she bit into her apple, then started towards the exit.

"Hey, is that all you're going to have for breakfast?" I frowned. Maybe it was Aqua's presence that was disrupting her.

"Yes. I'll be fine. I'm on a diet anyway." Kana shrugged without looking at me and kept walking.

"Oh, no you're not!" I grabbed her free wrist. "Come and sit down. I'll make some toast." This time I said it as an order, not a question or a suggestion.

Kana POV:

Aqua's toast popped up from the red toaster, crispy and golden, and he took the two pieces in between his fingers and popped them onto his plate. 

My mouth almost watered at the sight. The toast smelled buttery and so, so good. I only just managed to stop my stomach from rumbling.

But I wasn't about to give up.

"Actually, I forgot I have a modelling job this morning," I said hastily, grabbing my bag, "I should go and get ready for that!"

"What? Since when did you do modelling?" Ruby scrunched up her face, confused.

"Since yesterday when I got the job!" I trilled as I escaped up the stairs.

I skidded to a stop inside my room and then slammed the door shut, panting. 

Yes! Mission complete!

A/N: I know a lot of you really like this story, and I am so glad to hear it! :)

But I did just get a part-time job as an editor for a influencer so I probably won't get to update so much anymore. I love the positive comments but I hope you understand my situation. 

I'm recently receiving a lot of comments asking for more chapters, so I want to ask everyone something.

Would you like me to go on a writing spree and write 3-5 chapters for one day each week or contuine updating at my own speed?