Short story: A Salaryman's Supernatural Induction 5.

Start from the beginning

The man only stood there, seemingly unprepared.

That couldn't be less true.

[Forbidden art: Dimension Break!]

There was no time to react, it happened too suddenly.

With the man as its epicenter, a wave of disrupting force emerged, it moved forth like a wave, covering a radius of 60 meters around the man.

The disrupting force seemed to interfere with the fabric of space itself, it caused it to shift and morph, the men stood no chance against a force like this..

Seemingly at the same time, the bodies of the men began to split into various sections, the fluctuating space had severed their bodies into various pieces, it was oddly... beautiful. The points of severance were sharp and clean, and the dissociated parts were suspended in the air briefly, producing a scene of breath halting anticipation.

Blerrgh

Alas, something like this had a price. The man hadn't been in good shape in the beginning, regardless, even if he was, he would still have died after using this technique, this was the reason it was forbidden. He coughed up blood and began to stagger on his feet

"No! Why did you do it?!" The previously shaking woman ran towards the man. She caught him before he could plummet to the forest floor, her face distorted in anxiety and grief. She was aware that what the man just did had sent him to a point of no return.

"I had no choice..please forgive me, I'll have to leave you early.." the man answered her in a solemn voice. He had resigned himself to his fate.

"No no no…why? Why are we the ones that experience this? Why is the world this cruel?"

Asking herself questions that would most likely not receive an answer, she hugged the man, holding him up.

They stood there in the darkness, it was a moonless night and the forest was eerily quiet except for the sobbing voice of the woman.

Almost too quiet.

"Anna, move!"

The man had caught on to the fact that something was wrong, but it was too late.

Slash

The man felt the sensation of being stabbed, a physical blade had penetrated his chest, going on to pierce the woman hugging him as well.

"No…"

He had been caught off guard, this wasn't a construct of od energy, it was a physical sword, he had no way of sensing it at all.

The woman died instantly, she had been pierced straight through the heart.

The man by sheer will power was still conscious, then their attacker spoke.

"You…you asked why, right? Well, in honor of your fighting spirit, I'll tell you. There's nothing special to it, it's something that's present in both me and you. It's human nature. You people were a threat to someone, so they removed you, as humans we have an inherent fear of things we can't control. If you want to blame something, blame your desire to stay uninvolved. Now.."

The man had finished his spiel, he withdrew his sword from the man, turning to leave when suddenly…

"There's no true escape from your deeds, sooner or later, someone will repay you in full..know this."

With his dying breath, the man spoke these words with a tone of finality.

"Hmm, I'm aware. When my death comes, I will face it. Just like you. Farewell."