Chapter 26

"are you ready to go?" Jeremiah asked me as I was looking out my bedroom window.

"almost. theres oke thing we need to do" I said facing him.

"Cheese!" our mom said taking our picture.

She brought belly and we took a photo like we do every summer.

I walked with belly and our mom and jere but conrad and Steven talked behind us.

I got my bag and made my way to my mom's car.

"here" my mom said handing me 3 coffees.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"your drive to brown." She said.

"yay thank you so much mom!" I said smiling and running over to conrad Jeremiah and Steven.

"I'm gonna go say bye to laurel" conrad said and Jeremiah went to.

"Ugh you did good. you dont give me many opportunitiesto say it" Steven groaned and I laughed and hit his arm.

We all made our way to our mom. Me, conrad, Jeremiah, Steven, belly.

"how soon are we meeting here again?" I asked.

"I think the fourth." conrad said and we all agreed.

All 3 boys looked at belly and laughed.

"no! no no no! she yelled.

We all dropped our bags and grabbed her tossing her in the water. Jeremiah jumped in, then Steven, then conrad , and even I jumped in fully clothed.

We splashed like little kids before drying off and waving Steven, belly, and my mom off as they drove home.

I got in the car with jere and conrad knowing it wouldn't be the mast time I saw them.

We started the car and started the drive to brown University.

A while after driving I shivered and jere looked at me.

"you cold?" He asked me.

"no I like it chilly. I just need-" I said and conrad handed me a brown University sweater and I thanked him and put it on.

Jere looked at me and made a jealous face so I kissed his cheek.

I smiled as I opened my phone and played a song

"I'm trying to study?" Conrad said as me and jere started singing.

After a minute conrad started singing and we laughed until we got to brown.

"you better ace this fucking test conrad" I said and he put a thumbs up and made his way to the college doors.

"so what do you wanna do?" I asked jere.

"I can show you around finch. didn't your counter say that was a possibility for you?" He asked and I smiled and nodded.

He showed me around and after we just messed around in the front lawn.

I went into a shop and came out to see jere waiting for me.

"Okay you ready?" I asked and he nodded.

I pulled out a gray finch University hoodie and I held it up he laughed.

"Okay come on there's one thing I need to see" I said walking up to him as he put his ark around my shoulder.

I opened the door to the trophy room and looked at all the trophies.

"picturing one with your name on it?" jere asked me.

"maybe." I said.

"come on" jere said grabbing my hand and taking me to the gym.

"wow." I said walking in and looking at the volleyball net.

"you really want to try out huh?" He asked me.

"kind of. I don't know" I said and he looked at me.

"ellie." he said.

"Okay yeah I really do." I said.

"I'm just gonna ask the coach that when I get home if there's any way I can try out" I said.

"Well your pretty hard to resist. take it from me." He said with a wink and I chuckled.

"and selfishly, I want to see you play here." He said as he scooted closer to me.

"honestly, I could see me here. the tow if us running around campus, late night study sessions, two am pizza." I said and we both chuckled.

We drive back to brown and just stood in front of the car leaning against it.

"are you ever gonna give me a second chance?" jere asked me.

"I mean we've kissed multiple times. how much more second chance does it get?" I asked.

"a real second chance. but something stopping me is what if you change your mind like you did for conrad those few summers ago?" He said

"I wouldn't do that. it's different now." I said.

"how?" He asked.

"you and I, I mean. we're now the same people we once were. we grew up. I spent so much of my life dreaming what it would be like to be with conrad. but, dreams aren't real and I want something real." I said grabbing his face to face me.

"I want you." I said.

"Ellie." he said.

"do you still.." I asked and he leaned in.

"yes. yes I still." He said and our lips crashed together.

His hand was on my waist and the other was on my neck. I had my arms around his neck and we just full blown made out not caring who was watching.

He flipped around and I was against the car until someone cleared their throat.

We pull away and conrad is standing their just looking at us.