Chapter 2

I got showed and dressed and hopped down the stairs for dinner and everyone was waiting for me.

"Ellie you took forever" Steven whined.

"Whatever" I said sitting down.

"Ellie and belly I have something for you guys" Susannah said grabbing a piece of paper.

She handed us an envelope as we opened it to reveal a card.

"I got you girls a invite to be debutantes!" She exclaimed.

"Isn't this the thing where girls wear white dresses and curtsy?" Belly asked.

"It's where a girl comes of age and are presented to society." She explained.

"Seems fun, I'll do it" I said with a shrug.

"Those are stupid, nobody does those" conrad says and I look at him.

"Well you guys have two things in common. Your 'stupid' and nobody does you." I said with a sarcastic smile.

"Ellie!" My mom says and I threw my hands up.

----------------------------

It was later at night and I was changing into my swimsuit to go for a night swim like I do alot. I look through the backdoor and see belly and conrad talking.

I crack the door open so I can listen without being heard.

"God do you memorize everything I've ever said?" Conrad ask her.

"Get over yourself" She said with a scoff.

"I still think you should quit smoking" She said to him.

"What will you give me if I do?" He asked almost teasing.

"Nothing I think you should quit for yourself" She suggested.

I opened the door fully and they both looked at me.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey Ellie. You going ti the bonfire later?" Conrad ask me.

"Yeah probably" I said with a smile.

"I wanna go. I mean Ellie your younger than me and get to go. What's up with that?" Belly asked.

"Thats a question for mom not me bells. Sorry." I said as I went back inside to change for this bonfire.

I threw on my pink crop top tank top shirt and some short washed Jean shorts and some jewelry along with my air forces.

I went back outside in the backyard and sat next to conrad by the water making sure not to get my shoes or outfit wet.

"Cmon guys were leaving!" Jere says whole walking outside and I get up.

"Can I come to?" Belly asked.

"The moms are getting everything ready fir your movie night" Steven said.

Belly looked at me and scoffed as she got out the water and went inside.

Sometimes I also wonder why she gets treated like a kid. But it's cause I grew up hanging out with these boys and she grew up hanging out with the moms.

We got into the car and drove down to the beach the bonfire was at.

We got out the car and all went our separate ways.

"Ellie!" I heard someone call my name and I looked over to see belly in a tight short dress.

'What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Who are you?" The guy next to her asked.

"I'm her sister. Your that guy from the gas station. She's 16 you pedo!" I called him out.

"Shit my bad." He said walking away.

Steven walked over to us and looked Belly up and down.

"Hell no." He said grabbing her arm.

They started arguing back and forth until Belly fell on the ground face first and hit the sand.

"Oh shit"

"She ate it dude"

"Awww fuck"

You could feel everyone staring and she looked up and saw conrad and another girl kissing.

I could tell it hurt her hut it hurt me to but I had to keep it hidden.

I helped her up as she fixed her dress and death stared the girl with conrad.

"Dont." I whispering knowing she was gonna say something.

"Who are you?" She asked the girl.

"Nicolle. Conrad took me to the deb ball last summer." Nicole said.

"I thought you said Deb balls were bull shit and nobody goes to those." Belly said.

"I didn- god your such a brat." Conrad said.

"And your an asshole!" I yelled at him defending my sister.

"Belly!" Jere said running over.

"Now we can all hang." Jeremiah said as others were calling him over.

Jere walked away as me and belly walked a little away from conrad.

"Belly I'm sorry but I gotta go over here" I said pointing to my friends.

"It's fine" She said as she sat down on the sand.

As I walked away I saw someone approach Belly and I tensed up hoping he wasn't like the gas station guy.

After a little he sat down by her and they started chatting. Good for her. He gave her his jacket and I smiled knowing one, belly might have found love, and two she might move on from conrad.

As I was watching Belly I heard someone yelling.

"No no I'm not drunk I'm fine!" Conrad yelled.

"Your not taking my beer!" He yelled again.

Belly was walking over behind the other guy when he swung and his elbow hit her face.

"Belly!" Jere said squatting next to her.

Sooner or later their throwing punches until we see red and blue lights and look over to see the cops.

I grabbed conrads hand while the boy with belly grabbed hers and we all ran to Jeremiah's car.

Jeremiah got in the front seat while I was in the passenger with conrad in the back.

I found out the boy with belly was named Cam. They were talking outside jeres jeep.

"Okay belly come on let's go" Jeremiah said.

"Cam can give me a ride home right cam?" Belly asked him.

"Yeah absolutely no problem at all." He said.

"Yean no offense but belly your not going home with someone you just met." I said.

"I'm cam. Cameron" he said reaching his hand out.

"Your name is cam Cameron?" Jere asked.

"Get in belly" I said.

They stared at each other until belly went in and kissed him.

They said their goodbyes as she got in the back by conrad.

Conrad grabbed a strand of my hair and started playing with it. "Your hair is like a babies when it's all soft and thick." He said and I shuddered at his touch while jere started the car.

And officer approached the window and knocked and jere rolled it down. "You kids been drinking?" She asked as I sighed knowing were in big trouble.